Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
FYI Timmy Reyes won the Mr. Price Pro 6-Star Prime on tweaked Hashtag. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI Timmy Reyes won the Mr. Price Pro 6-Star Prime on tweaked Hashtag.

Just a heads up for those that might be interested.

http://www.aspworldtour.com/posts/54...o-ballito-2014

always interested in what they ride..

Comment

tweaked how?

Comment

• Chris
        Chris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah most pros work with a stock shape that they customize slightly to meet their preferences. Given their elite ability those small differences have an impact on how the board feels, so Timmy had a stock model modified to his liking.

I must get my wife her own Firewire. She rips and is taking my CC on every possible opportunity, when the waves get bigger. Thinking #tag, but that Pyzalien is coming to South Africa in December. My Question: Timmy won the Mr Price on modified #tag, so I can only presume that the board is performance orientated ? Won't be able to get to JBay (only place in SA we can feel them out) , so must buy blindly without even feeling the board. Or should I wait dem Pyzel hmmmmm

Comment

• Chris
        Chris commented
        Editing a comment
        The Hastag is definitely a performance board. Progressive rocker and reduced volume in the tail makes it an easy board to control a good surf and it likes a more powerful approach. It has a slightly wider center point so it still has some hybrid DNA to it however I would say it would only be overmatched in conditions where you would prefer a step up. Compared to the Pyzalien, I think the biggest difference you will feel is the tail shape. They both have good tail rocker so they like to pivot but the round tail has a specific flow to it whereas the squash kind of feels like a more traditional short board. Both great boards I don't think you could go wrong with either and you will likely be super happy with whichever you choose.
    Working...
    X