X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hashtag or Hellrazor 2?

I guys, having a Firewire Spitfire and loving it, i've made the decision to complement it with another board. I fall in love wih both Hashtag and hellrazor2. Wich feedback could you give, to help me made my mind. Love this forum, Regards Hugo.
    Last edited by Hugomcsm; 08-04-2014, 01:26 AM.

Hi Hugo

I cannot give you a review of the Hashtag but I have a Hellrazor 2. I looked at both boards as i used to have a HZ1 but decided on the HZ2 over the Hashtag.

I am not sure but there may be a bit of crossover between your Spitfire and the Hashtag but the Hashtag will be more performance that your Spitfire for similar waves size and slightly bigger. Hopefully someone on this forum who has ridden both can provide that information for you.

The HZ2 is definitely you everyday short board and is more performance orientated than the Hashtag. I am starting to find that the HZ2 is a pretty good all round performance board, likes waves with a bit of push and really comes alive in waves head high and above.

It will depend on what type of waves you are surfing either the Hashtag or HZ2 in but if predominately head to double over head high or hollower surf then go for the HZ2 as anything smaller you can surf your Spitfire.

The only drawback with the HZ2 is that it is a custom order unless Firewire have some stocks in your area but it is worth the wait.
    Last edited by Fazza; 08-04-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the good words Fazza. I think the biggest difference is the Hellrazor really is more akin to a performance shortboard where the Hashtag weighs in more as a high performance hybrid. You'll ride the hellrazor a little bit longer and it will come alive in slightly better conditions than the Hashtag will. They both performa great, i think the best way to choose would be to look at the waves you'll be surfing and see which type of board suits them best.

Cheers

Comment

Great feedback guys, and Chris is always wise :) .As to the waves types i most surf, the majority of times i surf point and reef breaks, from waist to overhead size and more but rarely double overhead. And some times beach breaks.

Regards
        Last edited by Hugomcsm; 08-05-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

yeah if you are surfing and ways of that size often and they are punchy, then I think my choice would be the hellrazor II.

Comment

Working...
          X