X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hashtag 5'11'' Review

Hello guys, first of all many thanks on everybody's help that led me to pick an Hashtag.

I picked the 5'11'' 29,5l of volume since i'm 6'0'' and 80kg of weight with 35 years of age, based on this i went for the first surf session. Point break, headhight drop with 2 wave sections, the first one a bit mellow and them it picked up a good wall on the last section. Has i expected the paddling ability was good (wasnīt better because of me, not the board, almost 1 month with no waves around here ). So getting on the waves was has expected, good flow and wave catch, has for rest "next" to takeoff......................... WOW!!!.... fast, really sensitive, great rails, amazing board! You just need to think, and it delivers. Great speed on the wave, sharp rails that you your foot back on the tail allows you to sink't super easy and fast, and immediatly preforms, great cutbacks, hallarounds, great hold on the step drop.
    So for Firewire catalogs it a Performance Hybrid, Hybrid just because of the size and width because the shape complement is all high performance. So iīm really happy and amazed with my hashtag, i was expecting a much more "Hybrid" feel board but wow i got a great board, one of the best if not the best i had so far. And since i surf for already +- 20years imagine how happy iīm. I picked this models thinking that 75% of my surf itīs on point and reef breaks, and it performs much more than i was expecting.
    Thanks to everybody that helped me on picking this board, you made me a guy really really happy. Now just want good waves so i can keep improving on the board.

Regards Hugo

Thanks for the review Hugo. I'm loving the look of this as a potential step up from my spitfire. I had originally discounted it due to size, was worried maybe not enough volume for me as a 90kg Int. so hearing you at 80kg on a 5'11" gives me hope I could make the 6'4" work for me. Would you say that this is a legit alternative to a short board? I am weighing up something like this vs something more like a hellrazor type board say 6'7". Would only be using it in head high plus conditions as I love my spit in anything up to head high and a bit. For anyone who is interested this site has some good pics which have been fairly scarce so far. http://www.zaksurfboards.com.au/firewire-hashtag-fst/

Comment

I Monty, the Hashtag is a great board, but for what you are looking for i donīt think thatīs the right one. This board in my opinion is a great whaist to above overhead, steep or not waves, but if your looking for a board just for the bigger days i think the Hellrazor is a better board, i already had a spitfire and i dont think your Siptfire is the lower end of the hashtag, itīs more than that.

Regards Hugo

Comment

Cool thanks for the feedback Hugo. Guess I saw it as a slightly more hi-po alternative to a mini driver type option, I know some people ride the MD in up to double overhead so thought maybe Hashtag could handle this as well. Something that is good in that range of overhead to double (6') is what I am really after, but want to hang onto some width and a lower rocker for easier paddling etc. I don't really need anything for bigger than 6', that's the point I hop out of the water and become a spectator or jump on a lid instead. Might try and demo one and see how it goes

Comment

Montygoesbananas get the # it will be perfect board for waves you're describing , Im 5'10 180lbs 48yrs young and absolutely love this board very user friendly and holds its own in bigger waves. Just got back from Nicaragua and that's the board I used 99% of the time from beach breaks to point breaks it handled all beautifully in chest to double overhead and always felt the board under my feet and in control. Amazing board!!!

Comment

yeah i agree cucuson

Comment

Working...
            X