Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megsy's Hellfire in Maldives

Hey guys,

I've been here in the Maldives for the past 8 days & during that timeI've surfed 6-8ft perfect Cokes right down to 2-3ft not so perfect cokes. I'm down at Kandooma (southern atoll 35kms from Male) for the next 3 days before heading home to Sydney, Australia. The wind is playing havoc with the waves at the moment so just waiting for those moments when it glasses off during the afternoon.

Here's a couple of pics of my 5'8" hellfire going through it's paces.

Hope you like!!!

Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment Attachment
    Attached Files

Awesome!

Comment

Yewwwww at least sOmebody is having fun!!

Comment

Megsy,

How tall are you and what do you weigh? Also, what fin set-up are you using?

Comment

So sick Megsy! Ripping!

Comment

hwork50 I am 5'9" (175cm) & weigh 70kg. I've been using the FCS Kelly Quads & Kelly thruster set ups in these shots.

Comment

Awesome Megsy......any video as well?

Comment

Goanna, It's been extremely challenging getting any good video footage. My beautiful lady got behind the lens one day whilst we were surfing Chickens, 4ft, glassy, long lefts but unfortunately the video tape was corrupted & the footage didn't turn out at all. The other time she was filming Cokes from a boat but the boat was rocking up & down too much & the footage was way too unsteady to use. She got behind the lens today while I was surfing 2-3ft Kandooma rights but sun baking & filming at the same time is apparently quite tricky because after reviewing the footage, she only captured a few of my waves (not the better ones). She has vowed to try her hand again tomorrow & has promised that she will stay focused on the job at hand...we'll see!

Comment

The tropics plays havoc with video cameras I find. I think it's the humidity.

Comment

Any waves on the PN yet??

Comment

Hey benny81...I have ridden my 5'4"PN in 3-4ft waves on my back hand at Chickens, Maldives. it went well with FCS JW1 in it. Not steep waves, but very playful, bottom top turn combo's. I rode it in 2-3ft Cokes, on a high tide, kind of fuller waves & it liked the conditions, still able to execute some high performance manouvers on it but anything above 3ft in punchy waves it seemed to have it's limitations.

Comment

Thanks Megsy, the reason I am asking is whether you wish you had more float with the Hellfiire or you think it is good where it is at. My ideal set-up is about 36 liters of float and my 6'2" hellfire is around 34. I am going to try and surf it when it is bigger if we get some waves but do not want to struggle with the paddle. Just thought I would ask, have a great trip.

Comment

Very nice...a couple of other friends have been to the Maldives and also scored good sized waves in the 8' range during their trip too. Looks like you just need to pick the right time and have a little luck. Better waves than my last trip to Indo from the looks of it.

Comment

slowman, trust me, you need a lot of luck (& the right time of the year). I did a boat trip about 6 years ago in the Maldives, at a cost of around AUS$10,000 for 10 days. 8 out of 10 days was 2ft the other 2 days was 4-6ft, so that was extremely frustrating, but this trip was definitely less expensive & the waves have been so much better. It's always going to be a big gamble!

Comment

Working...
                            X