X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire 5.10 not sure i chose the right size

Hi guys, my name's dan and comes from rome, italy. Believe it or not we get surf too every now and then!
    I just bought a fantastic hellfire 510 but not sure i did the right thing. I'm 67 kgs (147lbs) and 170 cm high and already ride a dominator 5.6. I love it but needed a board for bigger surf. I chose this size (510) beacause i was looking for a board wich would give me more paddling power in bigger but slow waves.
    But now looking at your replies in different threads it seems that my ideal size would have been at 5.8.
    Before byiung it, i took in consideration that the majority of you surf in better conditions than i do since you all come from fanstastic countries like australia, usa, portugal etc where waves are real waves (faster and more powerful). I haven't tried my hellfire yet but was wondering whether it would be better to try to sell it before putting in the water to get a 5.8. Or maybe i should just keep it and see how it goes. My level is lower intermediate wich means ( just being able to do bottom turns...maybe for you guys this is beginner stuff :-)
    Looking forward to receiving your advice!
    Thanks
    Dan

I think you can work well with the 510. The 508 would actually have a little less volume than your Dominator so it depends how you find that board.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
      I think you can work well with the 510. The 508 would actually have a little less volume than your Dominator so it depends how you find that board.
      Thanks. This is exactly what i thought! Maybe a little bit more volume would help me in bigger stuff

Comment

It will help heaps on the paddle when conditions get bigger.And what i've found with this board is that the extra volume does not get in the way much once on the wave.It is truth that the 5'8" would have worked as well for you but all depends on your level and to tell you the truth, when it comes to bigger conditions I rather have a little extra than not enough.
        I'll most probably be going to spend Christmas this year in Anagni.

Comment

Originally posted by iggy View Post
          It will help heaps on the paddle when conditions get bigger.And what i've found with this board is that the extra volume does not get in the way much once on the wave.It is truth that the 5'8" would have worked as well for you but all depends on your level and to tell you the truth, when it comes to bigger conditions I rather have a little extra than not enough.
          I'll most probably be going to spend Christmas this year in Anagni.
          I couldn't agree more :-)
          I'm afraid no ocean near anagni but if you come to rome and there is a swell coming in, I'll be more than happy to take you surfing :-)

Comment

Thans buddy!!! I'll take your word for it

Comment

just caught this thread...you will LOVE the 510....nev is only a couple of kg's heavier than you and he rides it....so do i at 90kg...its just one of those boards that everyone can ride...even my youngest child who is about 40 kgs can gouge reo's on it...!!...also, i dont bother with grovelers...i keep riding it in tiny junk...so italy will not be a problem....actually i've seen pics of italy looking perfect...that plus the food and i might move over there...!!
              Last edited by core personal training; 10-10-2012, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Im around your weight but about 12cm taller. I ride a 5'8 Spitfire & 5'10 hellfire, I think I could easily surf a 5'6 spit and 5'8 hellfire, the 5'10 hellfire in my opinion is quite chunky but when surfing it dont find that restricts performance, I think the extra foam will aid your paddling in Italy. If it turns out you dont like it, sell it and get a 5'8 or a different firewire. Good luck :-)

Comment

Working...
                X