X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire for Dom or both

Ive owned a 6'0 FST Dom for about 6 months now and have loved every minute. Its really done its job in terms of helping me advance in terms of ability, i would consider myself sort of at the intermediate level. Of course when u start reading these threads all of a sudden theres another 10 boards u "need" to buy yourself and at the moment i am eyeing up the 6'0 Hellfire. Iv also got a second hand 5'8 sweet potato which is far too big so my plan for small wave summer board is to sell that and get a 5'5 baked. So my question really is: is there any point in keeping the dominator, if i was to get a baked potato and a hellfire? What is the differentiation in waves that each of these boards are theoretically suited to / would there be too much crossover? Probably best to take into account the fact i usually surf punchy beach breaks on the west coast, weak beachies out east and the odd point and reef when im lucky.

Cheers,
    Will

With the baked and the Hellfire you'll be pretty much covered. The Dominator is an excellent board that will cover pretty much cover from the mid range of the baked to the mid to a big up of the hellfire. The Hellfire will be a bit higher performant than the Dominator.
    If you are thinking of getting the other 2 boards I think the Dominator will get relegated to a second plane, believe me being there done that

Comment

Yeah, "in theory" the quiver you have in mind leaves no role to play for the Dom that isn't covered by the other boards. That's the theory. Your reality might be different. I'd hang on to the Dom until you have all your new boards bedded in as you may find you prefer the Dom.

The other thing is the Dom is quite possibly the first FW "classic". You may want to hang on to it simply because its a fantastic small to medium wave all rounder.

Comment

I'd add btw that if none of those things prove to be the case then definitely sell for the $$$.

Comment

Yeah I always miss my Dom. Great board!

Comment

Hellrazor over Hellfire :-)

Comment

if you go hellrazor kkep the dominator

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. Yes i agree with you there buzzy and prj i do love my dom it has been super fun and il be gutted to get rid of it but at this stage i cant really afford to keep it especially if i get the HF. i have thought about going for a hellrazor but i would have to go up a fair bit in length which im not overly keen on. i demo'd the 5'10 hellFIRE and at 29.4 litres it just didnt quite have enough paddlibilty for me hence id go for the 6'0. With the 6'3 razor having less volume than the 6'0 fire im a bit weary that il be undervolumed paddling wise. I think for me and my relatively speaking inexperienced arms even the 6'0 Hellfire is going to take a fair bit of work building up the fitness side of things anyway

Comment

Working...
                X