Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timmy, I have the Hellfire 5 10 and i am the same height and weight as you and sounds like similar ability.I wear a 4/3 wetsuit here in tassie most of the time.For me the hellfire is now my everyday board (wouldnt mind a potatoenator though) it paddles well, is super fast and turns like a dream, this board is really starting to improve my surfing,i have it set up as a thruster with fcs al merrick am2s. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Steveo brother two hours to late!!! Picked up a 5'11 hell razor today for $550 yeewww cant wait to give it a crack although at 2 1/4 thick it scares the piss out of me that its a bit to thin... but i am a light weight so hopefully it rips for me, only down side is that it has futures fin box's and ive only ever run FCS so need to invest in new fins now, really hope this holds up in the big stuff bells was 6+on sets today and by plus i mean double overhead was very choppy though

Comment

Really I just got in from surfing woolys, pretty crap solid sets but would't have thought bells was that big, must be heaps of south in the swell.

BTW. looks like a good buy.

Comment

yer got a pretty big onshore and it was big but this was at 9.00am maybe 7ft at its biggest, had two brazilian tourist almost drown screaming for help so yer was full on, only got one though very choppy and got punted off my board as i headed down the line

Comment

timmy, how has the 5'11 Razor been going for you?
            What are you thinking about the thickness after having ridden it?
            Details...

Comment

haven't picked it up yet mate been away for work and wont be back until next week, but when i get it ill be sure to report in. Hoping for some good clean 3-4ft conditions on the day i pick it up

Comment

picked up my HR on friday and rode it yesterday (saturday) pretty impressed floats me really well at current 76kgs was tempted to change to a 6 '1 but glad i didnt scored clean 4-6ft waves at Forrest caves but unfortunately was frothing so much to get out i under waxed my board and my front foot kept slipping off, the board was easy enough to paddle but i could deferentially notice the reduced volume compared to my 1-4ft board, struggled to find my positioning and was quiet hesitant putting the board into the bigger sets as on the first few waves it really struggled to paddle on but i put that down to operator not equipment, once i found my sweet spot and caught a decent wave the only thought that crossed my mine it "fuck this thing is a jet" it flies never had so much speed on the drop as this thing jesus didnt have a bad session but wasnt good due to the lack of wax most wave only lasted 10 seconds before my front foot came unstuck.

took it out again in the arvo and absolutely waxed to the walls,went to a little beachie maybe 2ft waves and closing out. Board paddle onto wave pretty well but required a bit of extra gusto, couldnt really do much as waves just closed out in front of you or some little prick was just sitting in the way and made no effort to move (damn schoolies)

rode the board as a thruster all day with WCT's cant say to much about the combo other than felt pretty sweet only really got to pump down the line and pull of the back as the section in front was un-makeable and closing out, feel like in the smaller stuff it would really benefit from a good quad set up

all in all very happy with it and cant wait to get rid of my other pu boards for a all FW quiver

Comment

Yewww, thanks for the report Timmy, looks like you were having some fun out there!

Comment

Working...
                  X