Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only had two surfs on hellfire 5,10 first surf yesterday waves were pretty crap and fin configuration felt all wrong.(hence the other topic i started)

However today I took it out in better waves same fins set up as a quad, waves were still pretty average waist high light sea breeze, but much less bump than yesterday, think slow peeling crumbling rip bank rights.

Today the board felt awesome, paddles great, catches waves just like my 6'3 and felt real loose in a slashy, carvy way, early days but feels like a really nice alive board, as others have said no problems getting speed when i needed it, just pump a little and it turns on the gas, waves often had fat sections between hollow sections throw the shorey and it planned throw them no problems also, tried spinning a few 360's in the end sections and spins easy, haven't had any proper whackable sections yet so that will be the real test as im not normally a fan of wide boards as i dont find them to be good for hitting the lip.

BTW. im about 5,8 weigh 75Kg and the board is perfect, i normally like my boards as short and least volume i can go and was a little worrried there might be a tad bit to much foam but i really dont think i could have gone shorter (not that i had the choice anyway)

male 37 yo, surfing 25 years, 75 kg about 5,8 tall, high end of average abilty.
    surf a flex fire 6,3 x 18 3/4 x 2 3/8 and a hell fire 5,10 x 19 3/4 x 2 3/8

Comment

Wait until you get a good firing day on your Hellfire!! You will be gushing like the rest of us!!! LOL

Comment

If there are any concerns as to how the Hellfire handles the barrel, there shouldnt be!!! Had a super deep shack today at KBay and the Hellfire come out of the cavern like HELLFIRE!!! Need to put my Go Pro mount on my HF to show some video evidence!!! LOL

Comment

Stoked hanalei! lets see some shots!!

Comment

just for interest, just back from 6ft thick open water peak..left was sunset bowl in reverse.(for 3 waves til the tide turned and my back told me to stop)..you would think i needed a 6'3 h'perf or even a 6'6 step up..with the water movement and draw up the face...but was laying the 5'10HF over full weight delayed back-hand bottom turns to swooping full rail off the tops..power held throughout...looped through each combo like a comp board into the next combo...no hint of hybrid at all...sa3's in the engine room....dont need my am2's sweep....board has projection built in..and then some

Comment

Got the best barrel of my life on the Hellfire, love this thing as a quad fin.

Comment

Where were you surfing aaron?

Comment

Costa Rica! It's Chito's bro, CanadianBoy with a slick new username!

Comment

Can I please open up a can of worms here and ask what everyone thinks of the new HellRazor in comparison to the HellFire? Do you think it is more of a niche board as opposed to the HellFire being able to handle a variety of conditions but still revel in prime conditions?

I ask because I'm after a step-up from my 5'6" Spitfire when the surf gets 4-6+ feet and was considering the HellFire but was waiting to see what the HellRazor looked like. The Sunshine Coast, Qld, Aus, got some pretty solid surf around Xmas and although the 5'6" Spitfire was fun in clean 4-6+ foot Wurtulla beach breaks, I did feel under gunned and probably would have felt more comfortable on something like the HellFire or HellRazor.

So here's my dilemma, go a 5'11" HellRazor and have a really good hybrid performance board for the good days or go a 5'8" HellFire that should handle the above conditions ok (don't usually surf much over 6+ feet, Sunshine Coast doesn't get it that often) plus a variety of other conditions?

I like the idea of having a HellRazor with a bit more length and rocker for the good stuff but worried I wouldn't surf it as much as it wouldn't handle a variety of conditions as well as the HellFire.

Hopefully some Nev/Chuey/Chris feedback comes out soon regarding the new HellRazor because I want a new board for the New Year! : )

HellFire, HellRazor, decisions, decisions...

Comment

Sorry, dims are:
                      5'9" - 75kgs/165lbs - Intermediate+ - 5'6" Spitfire - 5'2" Sweet Potato - Sunshine Coast, Qld, Australia
                      Still trying to figure out how to update my signature block.

Comment

How do you put in a signature block?

Comment

Found it!
                          Log in, go to 'Settings' at the top right and 'Edit Signature' is in the left menu under 'My Settings'.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Id be interested in the stepup query also

Comment

thanks C011N5.

Comment

Working...
                                X