Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so I am going to go with the SA3's. That was some deep posting my friend. As far as my quad set-up for a little smaller days should I just keep the AM2's and keep the AM1's back there? Another option I have is to buy a set of SA4's (2 back fins) to go with the SA3's and sell the AM2's and take the money to cover the loss, hmmmm. I like that one or just get the SA4 5 fin package and sell the AM2's for 80- and buy the new one for 90-.

I have to get this figured out as I am going on a surf trip this summer for one month. Let me know your thoughts as we have similar things going on surf wise.

PS: Do you know if it is possible to get an email when a post is updated? I used this feature on another forum and it was so nice.
    Last edited by hwork50; 03-18-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• email notification ...click settings up the top...click general settings in the my settings pane on the left...then in the drop down menu, choose "instantly, using email"

first up, i dont like fourfins...too restrictive 99 percent of the time...not worth it for a longer bottom turn on your forehand on the odd wave that calls for it and doesn't offer up a slower section to go nuts...but thats just me....slater goes "ok" on them..!!......i got the sa rears to go with the sa3 fronts..biggest rears they have so they do exactly what we dont want...i assume a smaller and/or more upright rear will get the board more vertical...i personally wouldn't go with the am option as i assume their size and rake combined with what fourfins already do will make it even less quick to wiggle and go vertical...

dont sell the other fins unless you have to...eg...i hated the sa3's in my HP boards and they only got used a few times and thrown in the back of the drawer...then the hellfire came along and BINGO...my am2 techflex are gathering dust after only a few testings, but they may light up my MB..who knows..!!

Comment

• a few of the guys on here know their fourfins...maybe they could chime in here with some setups that are more upright/surf vertical..??

Comment

• Ok, so I am thinking 3 things right now:

1. I am going to buy SA3's, it seems to be the ticket with this board as I want to surf more in the pocket and get vertical and possibly bust the fins out as I will have a month to work on that twice a day.
          2. The SA4's are too vertical and that I may be better off keeping the AM1's that I have and mess around with the front fins.
          3. Don't sell my AM2's because 1 I might use them someday and 2, they work well as a quad in the Hellfire.

So are you saying just go aheand and try the SA3's? I am good with that and would love to hear what other people have to say. I am impartial to 4 fins as I love the k2.1 on my DOMINATOR. I would not characterize myself as a quad guy, but on the DOM I am and love it. I am doing things going left that I have never done and it is surprising me every time I go left, which would be my backhand side.
          Last edited by hwork50; 03-18-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• So I went to my local surf shop and they said that the WCT was for sure the way to go. They are a FW dealer and said that those fins will do really well in that particular board. I have had so many people tell me different things that I am kind of confused now. Maybe some others can jump in and give their experiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by hwork50 View Post
              So I went to my local surf shop and they said that the WCT was for sure the way to go. They are a FW dealer and said that those fins will do really well in that particular board. I have had so many people tell me different things that I am kind of confused now. Maybe some others can jump in and give their experiences.
              Those guys should have the FUTURES fin tree where they would allow you to try different sets of fins, that's the best option

Comment

• Hworks, are your SA-4's in Futures, I will buy them from you...They are out of stock here

Comment

• on 5-10 hf,
                  what is width 12 inches down from nose?

Comment

• I only have the AM2's which I will be keeping. I I just got off the phone with Future Fins and they said that the WCT is the fin for that board. They said the SA3's are just like the AM2's and that they will be just as big. I am going to get a set of 375's to complete my quad set-up. I think I am getting closer to figuring this out.

Comment

• In both the Hell fire and the Dominator on Head High Waves, I found the Rusty quad set works great.( The Rusty 5 fin set has 4.54 front 4.54 middle and 3.85 quad rear)
                      the V2F4 set (4.38f + 3.75qr) was too small loose and foiled for me. although I might use the rears (3.75qr) in combo with something else.

Comment

• so on this note, how many people prefer quads in the hellfire vs thrusters...

Comment

• It all depends on conditions but I dig the Solus thruster

Comment

• Hell fire... Quad fin (Rusty R1 or Stamps) set up since I have to generate the speed most of the time on my waves. Trifin (Am-2) if it has juice already ..
                            Last edited by Fritzkat; 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              so on this note, how many people prefer quads in the hellfire vs thrusters...
                              Me! Yet to try a thruster set up but the R2 quad set up goes so well, I'm happy enough to leave it alone.

Comment

• While we are at it please post the kind of fins you are putting on the board as either a thruster or a quad.

Comment

Working...
                                X