X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quad fin choice for HF 6,8 ?

Hi, I have been riding a spitfire 6,6 for about 1,5 years , and are mostly very happy with it, for the bigger days i now are getting a hellfire 6,8 , my weight is 95kg and hight 175cm, experianced level, and need advice on with fins to put on the board??? all feedback is apriciated, reg. J

Howzit. do u have futures or fcs? i recently picked up the SA4's in futures and like em a lot. Its a pretty big set of fins. i think i cud've mixed my Panchos w the TS rears and have good results too.if u dont mind me asking, why r u going bigger w a HF? The HR at 6'8 might b a fun choice.
    Last edited by fokaiHI; 02-16-2013, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I had been riding my HF almost predominantly as a thruster until last week. I was on the north shore and didn't have my full range of boards and on a fun (head high+) day at Laniakea went quad on my 6'4" HF.
      I had the FCS SF4 Quad Strech fins and had blast. Most have said that the HF needs a big fin set, and whilst I'm not as experienced as others here in the jedi arts of fin swapping - these did a great job of finding the balance of hold, release, drive etc.

Comment

@Jase- What day did u go to Lani's? I had the VG on tue and wed. Tue was real nice, wed had a lot of texture due to the wind, but it still was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by fokaiHI View Post
          @Jase- What day did u go to Lani's? I had the VG on tue and wed. Tue was real nice, wed had a lot of texture due to the wind, but it still was fun.
          Yeah, I got Tuesday in the morning before heading home... now back in China :(
          We scored pretty funky winds for a pretty large part of the trip. Was still pretty good, but not epic.

I didn't see you, I'd for sure remember the VG! :)

Comment

I use FCS R2 quads in mine and I like it a lot. Too much speed when it gets double overhead - change back to R2 thruster.

Comment

I Use futures AM2 Fronts with True Ames TP rears (395's). Heaps of drive and loose enough, but would like to try to R2 rears with it too as they are a bit smaller and would loosen it up even more. Im just too tight to buy any though.

Comment

@jase the winds were funky for some time. ive been surfing the West Side a lot to get the offshores.
                @phrozen the SA quads r real nice. i like the bigger rears. i will definitely b able to run them on my SF, ADD, VG, and any other Quad set up. I'm going to try the knubster today.

Comment

Working...
                X