X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HF vs UB?

any reviews out yet? dying to find out how they compare!

Any size advice on a Hellfire? im 6'4(193cm) and weight ~93 kg.

Comment

I'm about your weight and I'm going to go 6'4"

Comment

Yeah, I'd say the 6'4" or 6'6" (6'4" being fine if you are fit, 6'6" being better if moderately fit or injured or with flexibility issues).

Comment

Good! was also thinking 6.4...:)

Comment

Just peddling back to this, I was reminded (through FB) today that Jordy @ around 90kg surfs his standard shortboard at 6'2" to 6'2.5" long, 19" to 19.25" wide, and 2.5" to 2 5/8" thick. So pretty close to an Alt or Spartan.

If the guy who I reckon is in the top 5 surfers in the world surfs those dimensions I reckon those of us who are mere mortals of a similar weight would add a touch of length, width and perhaps thickness. At least 2 of the dimensions would get a little bigger.

This all tends to reinforce that @93kg a 6'4" would be the appropriate length unless you're an absolute ripper and/or have an appetite for low volume boards.

Comment

Interested to hear if anyone could compare the hellfire with the unibrow.
              Both boards interest me as a step up from the potatonator.

Comment

Also very keen to hear the HellFire vs UniBrow comparison. Looking to replace my 5'8" HellFire as I think I've gone too small (or just put on weight, lol!) and would like to change to a 5'10" HellFire or 5'9" UniBrow for punchy 3-6 foot beachies.
                Also considering replacing my 5'3" Baked Potato for a 5'6" Potatonator for more versatility, so would also be interested to hear what would compliment a Potatonator better, UniBrow or HellFire?
                It all depends on the HellFire vs UniBrow comparison, so bring on the reviews!

Comment

I reckon Jordy is well under 90kg this year too Buzzy, he's looking much leaner. I definitely agree with that you're saying though.
                  Although someone without Jordy's strength wouldn't be able to put a thick board on rail like he can. Plus I'm betting his rails are foiled out a fair bit more than most boards that are 2.58" thick. That said, most of us wouldn't do a turn like Jordy regardless!

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
                  Just peddling back to this, I was reminded (through FB) today that Jordy @ around 90kg surfs his standard shortboard at 6'2" to 6'2.5" long, 19" to 19.25" wide, and 2.5" to 2 5/8" thick. So pretty close to an Alt or Spartan.

If the guy who I reckon is in the top 5 surfers in the world surfs those dimensions I reckon those of us who are mere mortals of a similar weight would add a touch of length, width and perhaps thickness. At least 2 of the dimensions would get a little bigger.

This all tends to reinforce that @93kg a 6'4" would be the appropriate length unless you're an absolute ripper and/or have an appetite for low volume boards.

Comment

Working...
                  X