Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finding the FCS Rusty R2s work really well in the Hellfire, they work so well I'm not sure whether I'll try anything else, maybe K2.1s just because I'm curious.

Comment

How are the Rusty's and the K2.1s different?

Comment

This link will give you a physical comparison http://www.surffcs.com/au/products/f...px?pid=280~123 between the 2 quad sets.

Now, I've only ever surfed the K2.1 quad set on a demo board so it was a bit hard for me to really isolate their effect because I'd never surfed the board (Aloha Coffee Bean) before either. Just going by the FCS info the K2.1s should be looser, that is turn tighter, slide a bit more and perhaps have less drive.

How the K2.1s are not a 'large' given their surface area, the fronts are only a tad less than the R2 fronts and the rears are bigger than the R2 rears, I don't know. There is probably a little more to it than just total surface area, but from my brief use of the K2.1 quad set I never felt I didn't have enough fin. I see also that SF4s have been recently demoted from LARGE to MEDIUM as well.

Comment

cant help you with the rears but i always loved the 2.1 thrusters....quick and lose as expected from smaller upright fins but also held and drove...never really took them out....so more drive than you think...but still loose

Comment

Great link! Thanks, I love the K2.1s as they are my fin of choice. Will be trying the AM1 quad set in my Hellfire, I have the AM2 thruster set as well so we shall see how things go. I will report back once I test it in some good waves.

Comment

I have the K2.1 Thruster set and am2 quad set up in my Fishcuit,do you reckon if i put the front K2.1 and gx trailers this would be a nice loose quad set up on the Hellfire?Has anyone surfed the hellfire with the K2.1 as a thruster ?I have K2.1 thruster and the orange am2s thruster and gam thruster setups and am wondering if they will go well enough so i dont have to buy more fins when i get my Hellfire.

Comment

i have tried the hellfire 510 with the k2.1s as my thruster set. I liked it. I don't ride the Hellfire as much as other boards, but down at that length I like an upright fin.

As a quad too I don't see any reason why the setup you proposed wouldn't work. If I were mixing and matching, that is exactly where I would start.

Cheers

Comment

I ride the fcs large H-2 sides with a small H-2 rear! They produce loads of drive and speed but seem 2 make the board feel loose and skatey ! I put the large H-2 rear fin in when its more hollow and need the hold on the bottom turn ! I am yet 2 try the small H-2 sides as rear quad fins! That's my next experiment just not sure how the hellfire will cope with 4 H-2 fins in because with the extra cant in the fins they supposedly lift the board slightly ? So they might make the board 2 skatey? Has anybody tried using 4 H-2

Comment

good stuff!

Comment

I use R2s in mine, goes like the bomb, the R2 rears are looser and more upright than the GX rears so the R2 quad set I think is a bit looser than the R2 thruster set up, which might lead you to believe otherwise.

Comment

Just ordered the new FCS MF1 Tri Fin Set (Mick Fanning's signature set). A large fin set so by what I have read here should go well with my recently (just now!) ordered HF :)

Comment

Yeah, I think that'll be a good fit.

Comment

yeah let us know how those ride. I don't know much about the fannings...

Comment

Personally I hate thinking about fins, maybe I'm old, lol... but prefer the fins of the shaper of the board? The sticker that came on my 6'4 hellfire, pretty sure it said PC7 for tri and the stretch SF4. now here is when I get totally boggled. Got an FCS stretch quad set, the sticker on the package says "L" but everywhere else (on the FCS and Future site) has one size "M" unless its a Stretch TRI set in which case it's "L" ?! this forum wont let me download a pic from an ipad but it says "L" QUAD...I swear...Maybe they were baked on Friday when it was packaged? I'm 220, but surf really loose. Had miracle sessions with the large PC AM, the only FCS I had, and haven't gotten the stretch set into decent surf. the board is only a few sessions old and don't want to be a kook wondering about such things....

Comment

Bust out a ruler and measure the fins. If they're bigger than the listed M volume you know they are large. I'm pretty sure I've heard of a L Stretch set though.

Comment

Working...
                                X