X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'6" or 5'8"

Was given a 5'10 hellfire was a super fun board but way to big im 5'9" 70-73 kg 155-160lbs I want it as my 80% board we get mush beachies to 6foot plus point breaks. Board volume chart saying 24 to 27 ltr. I gota super small wave quad 5'6" 25ltr which is fun but floatie as. So 5'6" could be sweet but undersure if to skatie when riding overhead plus. Havent brought a shop pop out ever so the decission is hard no shaper to run ideas off. thinkn the 5'8" il give a better line in bigger waves. Also at the mo nz doesnt have any 5'8" next shipment due jul.

If you want the extra length without gaining volume why not check out the Hellrazor? 5'9 maybe?

Comment

Hi smitch
      I'm a little bigger than you (74-76KG) and I'm on a 5'8" and I think it is spot on for me for quality surf, not much of a groveller at that size though.
      I primarily use it as my 'shortboard' and is best for punchy beachies big and small.
      Had it out last week on a solid point break, maybe 4 foot+ and was fine until it get a bit of chop on the face. That's where maybe the longer HellRazor may be better but I tried demo of the HellRazor and I think it was a bit more geared to bigger, quality surf, which we don't get enough of where I surf and couldn't justify having a board I'd only ride 10-20% of the time.
      For an 80% board, I think you are right looking at the HellFire, 5'8" would be my pick for you and will probably grovel better for you than me.

Comment

Cheers prjwebb but am getting a vanguard so will go for a hellfire instead of a hellrazor. Cheers CO11IN5 think you help mke up my mind will have to weight for the next shipment

Comment

I'd say the VG will like those medium sized, pockety conditions that the Hellfire would excel in too and the HellRazor would be a nice step up for when it's solid and steeper and you want a more conventional outline curve and a bit of length in the board.
          That's my take anyway.

Comment

yeah prj. thanks for the feedback folks.

Comment

Working...
            X