Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always try a longboard (instead of the SP)! I always said I never would, and I'm still primarily a shortboarder, but longboarding is now my guilty pleasure!

Comment

Hey Buzzy. I notice you and I are the same age and both have 6 4 Doms. Notice you have a 6 8 Alternator. How do you like that board? I am about 15 pounds heavier than you. Thinking about an alternator to add to my quiver.

46 yoa 215 pounds, DOM 6 4 and Hellfire 6 6

Comment

I like it a lot. I am thinking of getting the 6'6" but that's not because of any performance issues with the 6'8". I've used that board from as small as maybe waist high to double overhead and it's met all challenges. It's best though at around chest high and above. I can't fault it really. It's a great combo with the Dom.

Comment

Thanks Buzzy!! Thats how I feel about the 6 6 Hellfire. Debated between the 6 6 and 6 4, but settled for the 6 6 for better paddling. I was looking at the 6 8 alternator as a step up board. At my weight, it should be just right!! I really hate paddling!!!

6 4 Dom RF
          6 6 Hellfire FST

Comment

Hellfire catches waves pretty damn good, no complaints if you use approximate volume as a Dom. For instance, I have a 6'2" Dom that I don't ride anymore that has 28.5 L of volume, and since I traded up for my Hellfire, It's way better. You can take off later, handle steeper waves and really thrash the lip. LOVE THE HELLFIRE!!!!! But yeah go for bigger fins. AM2's are SICK!

Comment

Loving the hellfire testimonials. definitely finding out the same stuff here. Love that thing off the bottom in big surf. such long, driver and stable bottom turns even at high speed.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzy View Post
                You could always try a longboard (instead of the SP)! I always said I never would, and I'm still primarily a shortboarder, but longboarding is now my guilty pleasure!
                I was riding a long board for years but sold it. Was a bit board using it and over carrying it everywhere so hence ordered the so cheers

Comment

Just when we thought we were foaming about the Hellfire, Firewire has officially released the Hellrazer!! The board looks SICK!!!!

Comment

HellFire'd my 6-4 as a thruster yesterday on a nice fast point break wave at Head high+.
                    This was my 3rd time out and the 1st time on a good breaking wave, The board worked great from drop in to last cut back. It holds the rail really well on the steep faces (effortless) and no problem bottom turning with speed. With all the given speed of the wave never did I feel the board skip or jitter. I am still figuring out its sweet spots getting used to slicing higher and tighter as the board is felt on each additional wave I play on.. My session was cut short by increase of crowd and lack of consistant waves. Can't wait for another flawless wave session.

I learned to paddle the HellFire a little faster with my chest flattened noseward, whereas on the Dominator I was paddling with my stomach flat in the middle of the board. A little more energy to paddle the HellFIRE, with just a slight change in posture for the rocker.

Comment

just back from 6ft thick open water peak..left was sunset bowl in reverse.(for 3 waves til the tide turned and my back told me to stop)..you would think i needed a 6'3 h'perf or even a 6'6 step up..with the water movement and draw up the face...but was laying the 5'10HF over full weight delayed back-hand bottom turns to swooping full rail off the tops..power held throughout...looped through each combo like a comp board into the next combo...no hint of hybrid at all...sa3's in the engine room....dont need my am2's sweep....board has projection built in..and then some

Comment

ALoha Fritzkat, stoked to hear you finally got some good waves on the HF!! Coming from surfing a Dom, it takes a few sessions to figure out the HF. I admit, my first couple surfs on the HF, I wasn't quite sold. To me, the HF has a smaller sweet spot than the Dom. The Dom is more forgiving where you place your backfoot. But once you figure the HF out, you will probably put the Dom on mothballs for a while. Especially when the surf turn on!!

Comment

Hanalei, True dat. Dominator is about 6 summer months of surf here, Hellfire for the really clean days with barrels inbetween and Quadra Five for the bigger open face days.

Comment

I just picked up my Hellfire yesterday, surf's crap but I can't resist I'm still going to give it a try, but I saw there is a 2nd hand 6'6 Hellfire at the shop and kind of cheap in good condition. Would it be worth buying for bigger waves? The idea being more volume get into them faster, or would this extra volume become a liability?

I'm roughly 92kg right now and likely to loose more weight. Probably a bad idea...it just looks like a bargain :)

Comment

Save your money for a Potato and surf the small stuff.

Comment

actually save it towards a hellrazor

Comment

Working...
                                X