X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chito View Post
    ... or a double overhead square sand sucking mutant death barrel.
    Like this one?
    Attachment
    Attached Files

Comment

Surfed my hellfire the other day in a PUMPING cold groundswell at one of my local spots, Llangennith (for anyone that knows it?) and it went like a dream!!! Normally its lame and breaks pretty fat and messy but it was coming in, stacked up (you know that sight that really gets your blood pumping!?!), sunny with a light offshore, hitting a low tide bank and breaking top to bottom practically on the sand! Trust me when i say that this is a very rare sight. Not many guys out (middle of the week in winter tends to kill the crowds) and i got some belters. A couple of quick in and out barrels on the rights and some nice wally lefts to smack the lip and play with. Had a great time!!! The HF really came alive and was super responsive. It felt really nice underfoot like a natural extension to my body. Haven't had that feeling for a long time (parenting and full time employment really ruins quality water time). Super super stoked!!!! The Dominator is blew my mind on how much fun small waves could be, now it looks like the Hellfire is doing the same in better surf. Great great board!!

Comment

That is so good to hear! Totally hear you on the parenting and job stuff that cuts into the surf time.
        I am such a fan of the Dominator as well, but will be surfing my Hellfire in 4-6 foot surf tomorrow.
        Don't know whether to go quad or thruster? How did you ride it?

Comment

3 Fins!!!! Personally i put my trust in a thruster practically all of the time but thats probally because thats all i've ever really surfed. I've tried a quad setup a few times and like it when you get that train track drivey feel but i really don't like the skatey loose feeling which seems to be more the case with me. Saying that i haven't ridden the HF as a quad yet but I much prefer the control you get from a center fin. I recently got one of those little nubster fins to see if i can give the quad setup the little bit of control i like. Looking forward to trying it out some time.

Comment

slowman, the lip on that is like 8 times the height of the barrel. Imagined scaling that wave up by 10? I would watch someone surf that!!!

Comment

Chris, that thing was breaking almost in front of my hotel on a little family trip I did. That mutant was standing about 7' tall from the sand/pebbles. It was taller than me at any rate, it was unsurfable really it only broke on the shore dump...like Laguna Beach which isn't too far north of you (well the last time I was there it was skim boarding only). We have a scaled up version near me called "Ours" LOL at 10' it is truly frightening yet totally awesome.

Comment

hah yeah that is a heavy one for sure.

That shore pound must have been awesome to take photos!!

Cheers!

Comment

These pics are awesome - time for a game of dare

Comment

i kind of want to body surf it.....in chainmail for safety....(i know there are other ways to spell chainmail)

Comment

Chito. are you saying the SF if better than the HF? Why not own both?

Comment

Working...
                      X