X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire fins

Gotta 5.10 hellfire have only road it as a thruster.. I've gotta set of venture 2s futures in it now.. Was wondering if anyone could hook it up wit some feedback on what Setta quads as well as tri's seem to go best.

sa3 and sa4.. but mainly the 3's... 70 - 90kg LOVE them in the 510..!!.. i only ever use the 3's ... in any waves... 1 foot to scary....

Comment

which vector 2's in there now??.. ive used the ea and jc v2's in it.. at the end of the day, this board lights up with the bigger sa's... it does not get stiff etc... it just turns it on..!!

Comment

i am with core on the JC1s and the EAs...Vector 2s

Comment

Mainly riding it as a quad but think it may excel as Thruster.

(FCS) I started with the HI-1 quad setup and it kept me locked for speed, but lacked maneuverability. I switched out the back fins and put in an Aipa center and the board was like magic, plenty of drive with full force maneuverability.
          Tried the K2.1s as a quad, which were ok.
          No riding the H-3 Nexus quad setup. I like this setup, but I think I'm going to be playing with the board as a thruster again as I think it may far excel with that configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by Tescot View Post
            Mainly riding it as a quad but think it may excel as Thruster.

(FCS) I started with the HI-1 quad setup and it kept me locked for speed, but lacked maneuverability. I switched out the back fins and put in an Aipa center and the board was like magic, plenty of drive with full force maneuverability.
            Tried the K2.1s as a quad, which were ok.
            No riding the H-3 Nexus quad setup. I like this setup, but I think I'm going to be playing with the board as a thruster again as I think it may far excel with that configuration.
            tescot, get the fcs simons closest to the futures sa3's .. slightly larger fin but not swept/raked.. best fit in the board... Nev runs them in it at 70 kg and me at 90kg... totally neutral..

Comment

• Tescot
              Tescot commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll do some compares to see what comes closest. Are you talking PC/Honeycomb?
              Honestly I think it has more to do with running it as a quad vs thruster set up. Took it out this morning with the H-3's as a thruster and had a blast. Much more fun in todays small waves than as a quad... Not sure why, but I am assuming it has something to do with the width of the tail and my weight.
              Tomorrow going back to the HI-1 thruster set up for comparison.

I've only rode it with the vector 2s fea 450s and I gotta tell u I Ride this board evry day wether its ankle high or wether its overhead and everyday it continues to impress me.. If there's a fin out there that could make it better I'd def wana give it a try. It as is the more I figure this board out the sicker it gets.. The only thing I don't like is taken off on steep hollow days but I hafta say once ur up and madE the drop it dosnt matter.. The boards sick u can hit it n the steepest part of the wave beyond vertical and the rocker just works.. Sumtimes I'm amazed myself but I've just learned to trust it you'll turn out of a backside floater heading straight down and the board just sumhow ends up under your feet.. It's fast but it spins easily.. 360s are just butter.. I rode out of one backwards today for prolly 10 feet before the fins grabbed and it spun the rest the way around today..it's fast u can pump through sections and the board flies then either muscle thru a real cut back or you can move back foot a lil further back and the board just pivot it around.. I fall in love with this hellfire bitch a lil more everyday.. I don't no how it's gunna function in big good hollow surf cuz i live on the east coast us but it rides great over here. I'm hoping to get another hellfire and then another step up board for really good surf as I'm gunna be n costa rica panam and Nicaragua from october to may.. Any suggestions on what would b a good step uP? I was thinking possibly a bourez.. I'd like something thats Guna ride similar tho so that I'm not feeling like I'm on a total alien board when I do step up.. I was tryen to keep it simple with only a 2 or 3 board quiver.. Also I saw a guy local here had one of the older model flexfires before they beefed em up that the volume chart is got in my range.. The boards. Not in bad condition.. Any feedback on it?? Don't no if I should grab it or not.. Anyhow long story short.. The Vector 2s fea 450s work n this board

Comment

getkrunk, look at a hellrazor to step up to from the hellfire ... similar feel.. flexy's are solid standard shortboard.. cant go wrong with them... i personally ride (snapped atm) the slightly beefed 6'2 x 18 3/4 x 2 1/2... handles anything... mind you, the hellfire with sa's handles most too.. if your ea's were the cheap plastics and you liked them in it, then upgrade to the ea blackstix... AMAZING lively feel... to really unleash the hellfire as a "normal" hp board, try the sa3's

Comment

tescot, yeah mate, honeycomb... medium/firm flex

Comment

Working...
                X