X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire vs unibrow?

Ok guys. As per my other thread I'm about 82.73% set on a unibrow. But, wondering what the performance characteristics of the hellfire are in comparison with the uni. Which paddles better, which goes better in slop, what's better in 4-6' barrels etc. I'd be contemplating a 6'6" in both. Cheers.

im not sure, but i think the HF has deep concaves and wud b suited for heavier surf whereas the UNI is for softer, mushier surf. i do see a guy on a 6'6 HF all the time and he catches waves easy enuff, but struggles unless its head high

Comment

I love the UB. It's hard to imagine a better small/medium wave board in the FireWire range. Different or equal, sure, but not better. Other than that, I can't say.

Comment

thanks guys... they both seem to overlap heaps!!!

the HF is wider than the UNI, but also less volume, but the volume of the HF is more under the chest where as the UNI is under your core leading me to think that the HF will paddle into waves better. But then the HF has for more refined rails, and quite a deep double leading me to feel it would be a better board in better waves.

I'm sure both boards would go as well as each other in similar waves... If you had to compare one to the Spitfire, which would be the closest performing (I LOVE my spitfire).

cheers

Comment

The HF is a direct descendent of the Spitfire. If you want the closest relation to the Spit, the HF is it!

Comment

Justo - Is your goal to get a board that is closest to the board you already have, or do you want something a little different?

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Good question josh. I guess I'm after a board to do it all in small to medium waves but with a bit more suck. I need it to paddle well, but hold a line through the barrell, and get over flat spots while still going off the lip. I plan on also getting a potatonator for the mush.

Comment

If you're planning on getting the PN for smaller days, then you really can't go wrong with the UB or the HF. They do have many overlaps as you mentioned above, but that being said, you started this thread saying you were 80% convinced on the UB and I think you will not be disappointed if you go that route. Dan Mann made the UB based on his knowledge of high performance short board riding and his hybrid board experience so the UB is a result of this splicing.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
                X