X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire 600 first surf

Overall, stoked. It took some time to find my paddle balance point, as I was too far back being used to more board in front of me. Once I got that sussed it was much easier to paddle, duck dive and catch waves. sounds like a kook mistake, but I'm not used to this type of modern board. 3 foot beach break, clean with some fast walls and late drops. Found the board fast, loose and responsive. thruster Am2s. Looking forward to the next surfs. 73ish kilos, at first I was a bit worried 6 foot had too much float, but with some practice and due effort duck dives were fine and it didn't feel too buoyant under my feet. Very happy, thanks.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww...!! great shape isnt it westauck... if thats futures am2's (which are the large size) then maybe try sa3's... even at 90kg i find the large am2's a bit too swept and therefore binding... the sa3's are a large fin, but more balanced in template and free up the board... if its the fcs smaller am's, then try a slightly larger balanced fin... really lights up the board.... :)

Comment

Originally posted by WestAuck View Post
      Overall, stoked. It took some time to find my paddle balance point, as I was too far back being used to more board in front of me.
      What board were you coming off? I have the 6'10 ADD am am thinking about stepping down to the 6'4 HF, trying to get an idea for how it would go?

Comment

Originally posted by WestAuck View Post
        Overall, stoked. It took some time to find my paddle balance point, as I was too far back being used to more board in front of me. Once I got that sussed it was much easier to paddle, duck dive and catch waves. sounds like a kook mistake, but I'm not used to this type of modern board. 3 foot beach break, clean with some fast walls and late drops. Found the board fast, loose and responsive. thruster Am2s. Looking forward to the next surfs. 73ish kilos, at first I was a bit worried 6 foot had too much float, but with some practice and due effort duck dives were fine and it didn't feel too buoyant under my feet. Very happy, thanks.
        Glad to hear it's riding well for you WestAuck!

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

Working...
        X