X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire 600 or 510?

Sorry to be another guy posting size questions, but i'm thinking of selling my Dominator 5'8'' and buy something else that can hold a little better in bigger waves (for anything below waist high i have a sweet Potato 5'4'').

I'm 45 years old, 5'11'' and weigh around 169 lbs. I was thinking of going for a Unibrow 5'11'' but it will be months before one is available so i have been looking for other options like the Hellfire. The question is whether to go for a 600 or for a 510. Will the 510 feel small compared to the Dominator 5'8''? Will i struggle with it if the waves are mushy?

I wouldn'tg

Comment

Keep the dominator and buy a 5'10 hellfire to go with it! Or wait for the UB. Perhaps the UB might be a better match with the dom. Local club comp on the w/e the guy that came 2md in the opens was riding a UB and had a very fluid style of turning (partly him and partly due to the board I suspect) somewhat like the dom, so I think they'd complement each other better.

Comment

When you're spending that much money on a nice surfboard, I would say the wait for the UB is worth it. Better to wait and get exactly what you want then get your second choice right away - in my opinion.

- Firewire Intern Josh

Comment

if you want the hellfire get the 510.... absolutely no question about it...

Comment

in rapidfire with futures sa3 fins.... or wait..... if you can..!!

Comment

Thanks for all the answers.

Just to explain better, the Dom 508 is at that stage when it still has some resale value so either i sell it to buy a new board or I use it until it's fully trashed, but then i won't be buying any new board.

If then my choice should be between a Unibrow 511 and a Hellfire 510, which board do you think works better in their bottom range (say 3 foot mush - i have a SP 504 to cover anything below that)?
              Last edited by Alberto; 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Probably Unibrow it will probably be a better allrounder but the Hellfire is a pretty good allrounder too. If you like the way the dominator surfs I think the UB would be a continuation of that same feeling but with the ability to handle bigger and steeper waves. If you likes the Spitfire then the Hellfire is a good match ...it depends what you are looking for, if you want a similar feel; UB, if you want something with a snappy release HF.

Comment

Working...
                X