X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire nose and tail dimensions

Hey guys - does anyone know the nose and tail dimensions for the the Hellfire 6'0 and 6'2? I'm stuck between the two and not sure which way to go. I like the length of the 6'0 but the volume of the 6'2. I consider myself intermediate level. My current quiver is 5'10 Dom, 5'10 HP Quadfish and 6'2 Alt. I'm looking at the Hellfire to bridge the gap between the Alt and Dom...maybe even replace the Alt. I've been hooked on quads so I don't ride the Alt as much. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Dwight

That info should be in the compare boards feature on the main website.
    You'll be as to compare the 510 and 600 so you'll have a good idea what's going on with each.

Comment

The "compare models" feature doesn't show nose and tail dimensions.

Comment

Oh really. Oops sorry about that!

Comment

Yep it does, click on the Tech View option and it should pop up the 12 inch nose/tail widths.

Comment

Thought it did...

Comment

Whoa, that's pretty cool! Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

Comment

But why do you care about nose and tail dimensions? I can tell you they are noticeably narrower than the dom, but that is just one facet of the picture, the way it goes is the real story. I'd say just decide by volume. Nev's advice to go 2" longer than your hybrid was spot on for me and slightly less volume than the dom but still well within the range for my weight

Comment

Surfboard dimensions are close to sacred revelations to me! After years of making my own boards, measurements have assumed deep emotional meaning based on the layers of memory associated with all the wonderful waves in all the wonderful places I've surfed. In fact my credit card PIN no's are my favorite boards lengths and I know its pathetic, but I get a wee warm glow every time I enter them into a keypad! Obviously I can't now divulge their lengths but the Dom and the Hellfire complement each other well but ride very differently. Hellfire is much more sensitive and it's rocker, especially the nose rocker enables it to go vertical and fit the curve of the wave better than the Dom.

Comment

i hate hybrids or anything wide/flat...but...the hf rides so much curvier and narrower than its measurements..so dont look at its widths and try and relate them to other boards in your past...the whole package turns this into a lively reactive shortboard...if your dom is the right float for you then go up one notch...the board is not for slop so you dont want a boat....for example, i'm 90kg and ride a 510
                    Last edited by core personal training; 03-02-2012, 11:13 PM. Reason: kant spel good

Comment

After having numerous boards shaped and having shaped a few myself I like to get the whole picture. Admittedly, I can't tell the difference of a 1/4 inch here or there but 3/4 inch of nose makes a difference in the way a board rides. Volume seems to be the safest indicator for me. Keeping my boardswithin a 10 percent range of each other seems to serve me well. Pretty stoked on the HF...will be adding one to the quiver soon.

Comment

good stuff Dwight!! I think that is the boat most surfers are on. To me, rocker and volume are REALLY important...

Comment

Working...
                        X