X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellfire, hell yea!

Always thought you guys were just nuts with your ranting about the the Hellfire. Have ridden Merrick and Rusty for years but started experimenting a little a couple of years back, 160 lbs with a quiver from 5'8" to 6'6". Friend of mine kept raving about his Firewire, so just before a recent trip to PR I decided I would give one a try. DAMN. Handled double over at Middles with ease, shredded Domes at head high to a few overhead. Transition from rail to rail is awesome, will bust the back out of a wave and come around almost too easy. Catches waves with little effort, and on and on. Thanx to all of you for being ranting nuts. As I continue to ride this 5'10", i am certain my respect for the board will grow. BTW, started surfing in 1970 and can still (in my less than humble opinion :-) ) rip better than most 18 year olds......so NEVER stop surfing!!!!

yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww wwwwwwwwww...!!!

Comment

• Peterleo
      Peterleo commented
      Editing a comment
      Yu you yu yu

OH HELLFIRE YES... after a long separation it felt like we had never been apart... had new thick powerful wedgey (albeit windy) growing swell at my private beach...straight out of the gates the dusted off hellfire drove hard backhand off the bottom on those perfectly matched SA3's and belted an inverted reo with late buried landing and out into another bottom turn... yeeeeeeeeew.!!!

after all the hard work i put it through including the beltings on reefs, and the constant handing out for demo's over years now, it still surfs as lively and fresh as the day it was made with my footwells bedded in and nothing else...gotta love light and direct rapidfire... try that with a normal "non firewire" board.

Comment

killing it core!

Comment

yes we have re-ignition!

Similar situation and I find myself back on the Hellfire and loving it too. It still has a very snappy performance. Some slightly harder rails would be good for more hold but I have counteracted that 2 ways (1) in my 6'2 slightly bigger fins (KR JP-Q4's) and (2) going to a 6'0 and using my regular fins (R2 quads). It makes me think the 6'2 was perhaps a tad oversized for me once it gets double overhead it gets skatey and too fast and holding edges in all but the smoothest glass would get challenging. The 6'0 seems to help with a drop of 1.8L volume. I still love the simplicity of the shape.

Comment

• core personal training
          Editing a comment
          OH HELLFIRE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .. bottom turned fin into a shallow bank... #@$**&#%#..!!!... now i'm down to only over volumed (for me) boards... c'mon lft vanguard...still weeks to go..!!! aaaggggghhhhhhh...

• Slowman
          Slowman commented
          Editing a comment
          oh dear! I bet the wife laughs when you say you haven't got a board to surf! Solares to the rescue?

solarez wont do it... plus lots of water in this one too so no quick fix for either board.. she didn't laugh.. i just got a death stare that nixed ANY notion i had of spending money..!!

Comment

i wonder if i can put 10kg back on overnight... then i'll be fine for ridable boards.. pies n pizza for dinner maybe..!!

Comment

• Slowman
            Slowman commented
            Editing a comment
            get a weight belt from the dive shop!
        Working...
        X