Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Core, well my surf this AM was like, absolute nonsense, first light 05.30am and there must have been 40 guys out for dawn patrol - ay carumba! Offshore and a good solid overhead wave - I took off on the biggest closeout of the day! One of those days I caught lots of waves but they were nearly all bad, the one good wave I had, I had to bail dropping out of the lip from a re-entry to avoid colliding with someone paddling out. My best other wave; 3 of us on it! Solo would have been nice. You're another day closer, keep busy and forget about it and suddenly it will be here.

Comment

i feel better now slow...thanks mate...

i cant really whinge..at this undisclosed location it's had a REALLY good peak that's been reeling and empty for months....last 2 days was 3 guys...a local, me and matt hoy...got a schooling in singlefin POWER surfing...and one of the most respectful surfers you could meet...

Comment

Yep, I also had an absolute crap surf today. 6am and half of Sydney and the UK surfing. Got 2 half decent waves and stuffed up one of them (luckily toward the end). Every wave I paddled for Bryan Fletcher ex rooster and rabbitoh was furiously paddling next to me - yours.

Comment

well it's 30mph onshores here...

Comment

hah prj, that's what you look for.....building conditions.

Comment

Looks like it's swung NEly now which is more cross, potentially slightly cross/offshore at certain places so hopefully tomorrow there will be some waves about.
              Highlight of my week is getting my figures sorted out for my tax return to submit at the weekend and hopefully get a rebate to pay for a board and maybe a little trip to France...

Comment

nice!! The French Med? That is where my brother is in culinary school.

Comment

also i know you don't meant the french med.

Comment

Haha nah. Apparently just after easter is a good time to go to the Hossegor area. Minimal crowds, starting to warm up and potentially great waves.

Comment

Was going to order from a dealer in UK but as I was about to a 5'8 FST Spitfire popped up on a "surfboard for sale" website over here in UK. Thought id take my chances and save 200. Its pretty much brand new condition with like one compression mark which can only be seen side on. Check it out, Stoked!!!

Attachment

Havnt taken it out yet as theres been no swell and crappy onshore winds for like a week or 2 now. Cant wait to try it out, got some SF4s, PC5s and the powerbase fins I got off Prjwebb to play around with aswell! Cheers everyone!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice buy!!

Comment

Just looking at the new michel model and it looks sweet, might be my next board after saving up! what are the differences between the hellfire,flexfire and MB?

Comment

Hellfire you're looking at a higher performance hybrid while the Flex and the Michel's are both on the high performance.
                            The hellfire will be more user friendly than the other two.
                            I would put them like this:
                            hellfire , MB , Flexfire in terms of forgiveness.

Comment

Yeah. To me, the Flexfires are pretty needley in the noses and low volume throughout that they really want good waves to excel in. I'm not talking good waves by UK standards either, but good waves by anywhere's standards.
                              The Michel however is a little fuller in the outline and packs a bit more volume but has a slightly more exaggerated rocker, meaning that it'll still be fully high performance but will still work in slightly lesser conditions as long as there's some steepness or punch.
                              I think the MB is a perfect choice for someone wanting an all round shortboard that they can ride more often.

Comment

Cool, Sounds good. Thats what id be going for an all round shortboard. What about the hellrazor compared to MB? and what size would you guys think for me in both? also is the taj now discontinued?

Comment

Working...
                                X