Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure how the simons are labeled in fcs

Comment

try the 6's before paying for am's...the only downside might be that they are softer flex...or did they continue that template when they brought in honeycomb etc??

Comment

Well, I believe the GAM is the FCS equivalent of the Futures AM2. I think the AM1 is what it was called in glass flex some time ago. I've ridden this fin as a quad (with 80/20 Q1000 rears) but on a JS Kingpin nice; drive and release with that rake and flexy tip. In FCS SA2s are the large size and SA1s are the mediums.

Comment

Thanks for all your feedback guys, I placed an order today for a 6'6 Future Shape Hellfire with Futures fins. The fins are a cross between the am1 and the am2, they are a no name brand made in Queensland with a nice amount of flex and not to stiff (according to the place im buying the board from)
          Decided to go for the Future Shape as no Rapidfire 6'6 available until June in Aust (apparently)
          I tried all the local shops in Adelaide and a few interstate and no one had them available apart from the shop ive bought it from.
          Will let you know when i get it and how it goes :-)

Comment

Yeah, I have a June ETA on a Futura in Sydney Oz, so that makes sense.

I know the horse has bolted by the way but I just thought I'd add I'm now using the GAM's in Performance Core pretty much exclusively on my Dom in big and small waves and they go great. Lots of drive without getting hung up. I'm going to try some K3's on the new Futura when it arrives on the theory a smaller board doesn't need as much fin. I'll see how that goes.

I also use a PC7 and to be honest I can't tell an awful lot of difference between the GAM PC and PC7. The smaller trailer fin should result in easier release off the top and I imagine that's the case but it's hard to separate the placebo effect from objective feedback.

Comment

WOW,
              Tried the Hellfire out yesterday in sucky barrelling 3-4 foot waves (over head high)
              The board goes unbelievably well. Couldn't believe the speed that it generates and was able to make sections that previously i would have been struggling to make. Held well in the face and was easy to paddle and catch waves. Actually i was able to get into waves well before they were pitching which made life easier. The conditions were perfect and clean with a offshore blowing and we had the point to ourselves for the 3 hours we were in the water. The board was very responsive and i was able to throw some decent rooster tails of the back of the waves with ease. I am using a thruster set-up and the fins are the Proteck power flex 4.50"
              This board rocks and i am totally impressed with it. Cant wait to get it back in the water again.

Comment

Great to hear.

Comment

hey waverdr where were you surfing? Great to read your feedback. stoked the board is working for you!!

Cheers

Comment

good stuff wavedr....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew..!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

wavedr, Hellfire, Its a killer board, i rode mine yesterday as well. I am always confident on it now. Just hard for me to stay inshape between swells this spring season. After I ride the Dominator on mush crap it takes me a few waves to remember the sweet spot on the Hellfire board when I take it out on clean days. I am staying thruster on it mostly..

Comment

Hey Chris, was surfing Waits point in South Aust, mid week is always quiet, especially when the salmon are running and thoughts of white pointers are never far away lol.
                        The last few weeks have been great and at most mid week you may have to share the waves with 2 or 3 others.
                        I've found the hellfire to be an awesome board And surfs really well with the back foot right over the tail. It's my go to board for just about all conditions now.

Comment

Hey Fritzkat, I know what you mean with trying to stay in shape, I surf usually once a week sometimes twice if I can work it :-)
                          I've found the older you are the harder it is to keep in shape for surfing. I usually walk into work each day about a good 30 minutes fast paced each way, then do the stairs which is 17 flights. 3 times a week once I've walked in I crank out about 80 pushups and then I also swim 2 k once a week. I find doing that combined with a surf once or twice a week pretty good exercise. I've found the hellfire very easy to paddle and get into waves with and it's also a good performance board.

Comment

Hey Chris,
                            This may be a stupid question but where can we get a firewire tshirt or cap from?
                            Are they even available to buy?

Comment

Not available to buy. There's the odd cap given away in facebook comps and it's possible t shirts could come in the future!

Comment

yeah thanks prj. in time we'll have some stuff like that. Our pipeline is so full of stuff to improve our boards, really good stuff, that softgoods are bit of an afterthought right now. I'll keep you posted.

you could reach out to the Currumbin offices...

FIREWIRE AUSTRALIA

1/49 Currumbin Creek Road
                                Currumbin Waters Qld 4223
                                P.O. Box 137
                                Currumbin Qld 4223
                                Phone: +61 7 5587 7700
                                Fax: +61 7 5559 5913

Comment

Working...
                                X