Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wanted that damn hat from the board contest we had on the board here.... thing was sweeeet!

Comment

just a heads up, there is an NEW 7-0 HELLFIRE FST for sale with "Futures fin box" at Pacific Vibrations in Kailua Kona, Hawaii Island
      Last edited by Fritzkat; 05-22-2012, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Yeah Fritz!

Comment

Hi,

Its great to have this forum. Thanks to the contribuitions I was able to change my EF fins to a MR TFX and the board just came to life with this "little" change.

I have/love the EF 6'3" but I would like to have a HF for better wave surf. Living in Portugal, since its a small country, one can have easy access to goog surf all year.

I'm 38 years, 80 kilos, in good shape and I'm an beginner/intermediate surfer.

In spite all that have been written I need help... is it wrong to shoose the HF 6'2" (33,7l) that is 15% less volume than my EF 6'3" (39,8)?
          Last edited by nunoalves; 08-09-2012, 05:26 AM.

Comment

That should be plenty of board for you.

If in doubt you could look at the 604, but the 602 has loads of foam for someone 80kg.

Comment

Nuno, I agree, 602 would be plenty of board. You could go smaller to 600 even. I am 82 kg 6'1 intermediate and recently bought 600 Hellfire. It has plenty of float for me, catches waves and surfs really easy. If anything I think I could have gone smaller to 510 as initial impression is that I am losing the fins a bit in high speed turns (futures AM2 fins).
              Last edited by savagebee; 08-16-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Agreed there!!!. Tried the 5'10" and seemed a bit thin, the 6'0" was the answer at 84Kgs

Comment

Hi iggy, savagebee and prjwebb,

Thanks for your reply :-)

I'll get the HF 6'2" since we dont get that much boards in portuguese surf shops, one has to content with what is stock. Small country, small credit but great free waves... thats what you get from a low industrialized country!

I would be greatfull if you could also get some advice on FCS fins to go on this FireWire board.

Comment

I'm riding my Hellfire as a quad using Rusty R2 set with a very small stabiliser in the 5th fin box. This works very well for me.

Comment

Nuno, I've not ridden the new board enough to judge fins for sure, but from my experience and reading on this forum I will recommend that you go for fins on the larger side. In FCS that would be AMG, PC7, SA? or the like.

Comment

So, are you sure I could go for the 6'0?

The HF 6'2 was sold, there is only a 6'0 at the surf shop :-(

Comment

Hey Nuno try to contact Myles to see if something can be done

Comment

Hi, iggy

Thanks, do you happen to know where can I find this Myles?

I'm in a similar situation as you, just started my immigration process to Montreal :-) how knows if we wont meet soon (althtough there are no waves in Montreal)...

Comment

Shoot him an email at [email protected]

There's a shipment on route at the moment so depending on what your dealer has ordered and if you can wait there will be fresh boards in the next 3 weeks or so.

Comment

Originally posted by nunoalves View Post
                                Hi, iggy

Thanks, do you happen to know where can I find this Myles?

I'm in a similar situation as you, just started my immigration process to Montreal :-) how knows if we wont meet soon (althtough there are no waves in Montreal)...
                                Nuno as soon as you get here let me know!.Is plenty of surf around, believe it or not!!!.We surf practically all year round that's of course if you are not afraid of the rubber!!!;)

Comment

Working...
                                X