Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a surfer, you can imagine my fear to let go of my beautiful portuguese waves just 15 minutes away from my house. I cant imagine here is surf in Quebec but I'll trust your word for it :-)
    Originally posted by iggy View Post
    Nuno as soon as you get here let me know!.Is plenty of surf around, believe it or not!!!.We surf practically all year round that's of course if you are not afraid of the rubber!!!;)

Comment

Again, thanks for the tip :-D

Comment

THanks for the help Iggy and Prj!

Comment

I'm coming down in size from riding 9' longboards for the past 23 years. I bought a 7' Hellfire last weekend..only had the chance to surf some closed out Hurricane swell so far..Gonna hit some local waist to chest high windchop tomorrow with the Hellfire! I figured I'd be more comfortable on the biggest Hellfire they offered based upon riding longboards for so long now!!

Comment

Aloha wavedr, we are very similar in age and weight and surf experience. I have had the 6 6 Hellfire for about a year and I LOVE it!! You wont be disappointed. I am 210 pounds and it paddles well for me. The board works great as a quad or a thruster, though I do prefer it as a thruster most of the time (unless the waves are really fast down the line walls) It rides great from shoulder high to just about double overhead. Get the board, you wont regret it!!

Comment

Olá Nuno,

sou de Aveiro, tenho uma Firewire Hellfire 6'4.
              Se precisares de algumas dicas é só dizer.

Boas ondas.
              Renato

Comment

any advice?

i usually ride my PU boards short with the wide point further up. thickness is usually 2 1/2 with the widths going in at 18 3/4 to 19 1/12 or thereabouts. between 5'10" - 6'0" ( only stuck on two currently ) i weigh in at 81kgs dry and stick out at about 185cm ( +-6ft?) surfing 3-5 das a week in season in waves from 2 to 6 (maybe 7ft)

Now my question? taking my current two board quiver into account looking at a 602 ALT or thick 600Mb for the better waves or the Hellfire for small wave support and fun? i can only get one now (its pricy here in RSA, but still worth it) should i be going more the performance orientated side of the catalogue? or maybe go for the Hellfire as an "introduction to firewire stoke"

taking into account the board i get will have go in just about anything, i tend to favour boards for long in a myriad of conditions nd def not shy of paddling my 5'10 into waves up to six foor if the board is going well for me. most often here in Cape Town, when the waves come with size they also bring wind rain and plummetting water temps. so i`m always suited up well. it helps therefore that i have confidence in the board i am riding. just looking for a firewire "In" board, so i can grow a quiver frm there.
                any advice would be appreciated i realise its a broad question but you have to start somewhere.
                cheers

Comment

I think all 3 options out have you covered in a range of conditions. Alternator will be a more forgiving but traditional shortboard feel, the MB will be full performance shortboard with some extra volume and the Hellfire will be the more Hybrid feeling board but it's still high performance and will handle good waves.
                  It comes down more to the type of feel you want from the board and the type of surfing you want to do.

Comment

yeah I agree with PRJ here. They are all going to actually work reasonable well in similar conditions just with subtle differences between each one.

In your situation i think its important to look back on your surfing history and choose a board that seems to fit your preferences. To me, you will be most stoked on a board with a bot more performance, especially given where you are geographically. Dial it between the Alternator and Michel!!

Comment

Chris / Prj you guys are legends shot for the advice. the MB is looking like the front runner in this little battle for a new board, mainly beause i like to ride my boards shorter and the MB is designed to be ridden shorter. checked out the video, def looks like a board that can be pushed into and over anything out there! and for CT thats exactly what you need. just one more question, ideally size for the MB to ridden in? it looks like it could work from waist high to a little overhead?

cheers.

Comment

1.5x overhead + I reckon. As long as the wave isn't turning it self inside out it'll handle whatever you're comfortable paddling your short board into.

Comment

Thanks alot Prj - i`m really excited about riding a board of the volume with a rocker like the Taj Models, i`ve always found that lots of normal boards with high performance rockers dont always cater for bigger guys and you`ll sometimes have to order the particular board "bigger than usual" to get the same volume. the forum also helps alot. any guess hwne CBD will be availible in RSA?
                          cheers (and onto the MB threads now)

Comment

i totally missed these posts...your going to LOVE it mate...

Comment

Working...
                            X