Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delmarsurfer, knee to waist high would depend on swell period & tide conditions. If the swell had a lot of power too it, swell period around the 10sec mark or more, I'd go to my 5'8" Hellfire. If it was knee to waist high, swell period under 8 seconds, mid to high tide, I'd pull out the 5'4" Potatonator. Hope that helps in your decisions.
    Originally posted by delmarsurfer View Post
    Hey megsy,
    Currently riding a 5'6 Spitfire and considering moving down to the 5'4. Seems like I bought 1 size too big. 5'3, 140lbs, intermediate and improving, surf SoCal knee to head high.
    Also, thinking of getting a 5'6 Hellfire as I want something to push my surfing and I really like the look, feel and reviews of the Hellfire. Plus watching your video shows what it can do in smaller surf.
    I still want and need something that can paddle well and get me into smaller surf while my skills continue to improve.
    My question is of your 3 boards (5'2" Sweet Potato, 5'4" Potatonator, 5'8" Hellfire) which one is your primary "go to" board in knee to waist high?
    Ultimately I'd like one board that can do it all but it probably is best to have two. Maybe I'll keep the 5'4 Spitfire and the 5'6 Hellfire to see which one I like more or keep both...just not sure if there is too much overlap.

Comment

nice vid :) looks like a sweet little spot! what height/weight are you im in the market for a hellfire and at 70kg and 5'7" was thinking the 5'8 was about the right size for me too....

Comment

just realised you already answered the question i asked and finally i have found someone same weight as me to reassure me of the right size to go for! thanks

Comment

Nelson GoldCoast, did you end up getting a 5'8" Hellfire? If so, how are you liking it?

Comment

nice vid. i have to say tho, surfers who wear full suits have to trek way to far to get waves. lol.

Comment

Working...
            X