X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5'8" Hellfire Video

Ok guys, here is a short clip of my 5'8" Hellfire going through it's paces. I'm just an average surfer (as you'll see) but I hope you like the way the Hellfire surfs.

Cut & paste link below in your browser & it should load up.

http://youtu.be/0enz9RFvF-I

Really nicely put together. I really like your stance too - really elegant. I'm far from expert myself but by and large you seem to have your body in all the right positions. I liked it.

Comment

Megsy, that was awesome, thought you may never get to the sea with all that bush walking but great stuff once you hit the water! Looks like you have the Hellfire under control & responding well to your every move! How often do you take it out? Look forward to your next production!

Comment

Great video. Shows it can handle medium size waves. Great surfing.

Comment

Nice vid, nice surfing dude.

Comment

Nice video. Where was that taken? Looks really fun.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgumby View Post
              Megsy, that was awesome, thought you may never get to the sea with all that bush walking but great stuff once you hit the water! Looks like you have the Hellfire under control & responding well to your every move! How often do you take it out? Look forward to your next production!
              Surfgumby, I ride it in anything above 3ft. It rides well in steeper wave faces rather than flatter (& fatter) ones. Loves a good sweel period but stills holds up ok in sub 10secs. Anything under 3ft I usually ride my 5'2" SP. But i've got a 5'4" potatonator coming in about 2 weeks time & I'll use that for 2-3ft weaker, fatter waves & pull out the SP in the 0.5-2ft waves.

Comment

Originally posted by hwork50 View Post
                Nice video. Where was that taken? Looks really fun.
                Thanks hwork 50, I can't reveal this magic spot as it's a little well kept secret & needs to stay that way. I will say that the most it gets crowded is 4-5 guys & they're usually all my mates that have been surfing this break for over 20years.

Comment

Originally posted by Will. View Post
                  Nice vid, nice surfing dude.
                  Cheers Will.

Comment

No worries, just wondering as it seems like an amazing spot.

Comment

megsy,
                      Killer video! I love it and it really shows what the Hellfire can do in smaller waves. You were ripping and generating great speed. Hopefully more people will post videos like that because it takes all of the info from the Forum to a whole other level. A lot of the waves I surf in SoCal (San Diego) are similar in size so it's good to see how the Hellfire can go in those types of waves.
                      I look forward to being an "average" surfer like you some day.
                      What is your height and weight?
                      Thanks.

Comment

yeah delmar! rip it up!!

Comment

Hey Delmarsurfer,
                          Thanks for your kind words.
                          I agree that reading the text in the forums is nothing like seeing a visual performance of a board & the surfer's performance when riding it. It makes so much more sense to the average "joe blow" (like myself) out there.
                          To answer your questions, I'm 5'9" (174cms) & weigh 70kgs (for you americans that's 154lbs).
                          I am jetting off to the Maldives in 2 weeks time & I will be taking my quiver of firewire boards to test & research. I will get plenty of video footage as my better half has agreed to get behind the video lens & capture my performances. So stay tuned for some current video footage in tropical Maldives in about a month or so ok.
                          Megsy

Comment

In other words, prepare yourselves for extreme jealousy...
                            Hope you score Megsy!

Comment

Originally posted by megsy View Post
                              Hey Delmarsurfer,
                              Thanks for your kind words.
                              I agree that reading the text in the forums is nothing like seeing a visual performance of a board & the surfer's performance when riding it. It makes so much more sense to the average "joe blow" (like myself) out there.
                              To answer your questions, I'm 5'9" (174cms) & weigh 70kgs (for you americans that's 154lbs).
                              I am jetting off to the Maldives in 2 weeks time & I will be taking my quiver of firewire boards to test & research. I will get plenty of video footage as my better half has agreed to get behind the video lens & capture my performances. So stay tuned for some current video footage in tropical Maldives in about a month or so ok.
                              Megsy
                              hellfire is going to go great there! just got back a few months ago, so jealous. Have a good one!

Comment

Working...
                              X