Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the 6'8...................................he says wandering off with tail between legs. I know this will cause some head shaking but I held the 6'6 and it just didn't feel like enough volume under the arm. Had a quick surf on it today and the volume feels good to me. Waves were shite so couldn't really comment on performance yet, other than it's quick!

STC it's always worth an email to Chris at Currumbin to suss any deals on boards you are after before pulling the trigger. Especially when looking for the bigger models as they aint that popular.

Comment

That's fantastic. We all have different preferences in volume etc so there's no "right" number. The guy who shaped my normal boards (withore volume than the recent norm) wrote recently on seeing the so called "Biolos rail" that finally people were putting appropriate volume in boards. I like more than many. You like a tiny bit more then me. I reckon I could pick up a board in your volumes and surf it nearly like I do my own, and enjoy it just the same.

Comment

Hey Tallkoot, stoked you got your Hellfire & if it passed the under arm test I reckon you got the right one!

When it boils down to it "THE GUT" is usually right!

You sure won't have any trouble catching your fair share, hope you enjoy the qualities of that fantastic shape on many a fast hollow screamer!

Comment

Thanks for all your advice fellas. I'll let you know how the boards go after my trip. 37 days 37 days....so excited.

Comment

Stoked for you TK. Let us know how it goes.

Surfed the Elf in ordinary small waves this morn. Figures as soon as I sell the SP all there is, is small gutless surf. I saw 3 SP's out this morn.

Comment

New Hellfire

Hi,

Finally, today I received my new Hellfire 6'4, after a 4 months wait!

I quickly tuned it and went surfing, saddly the waves were poor and small, but first impression was great. Easy paddling.
              I started as thruster with FCS M7 and soon will try it as quad.
              Then, in August I will go full month to Bali and I'm sure this board will do its best :)

Firewire rocks!

I'm 190cm, 82kg, 36yrs, intermidiate
              604 Hellfire FST, no ventplug, Nanotune

Comment

Hey Ren,

I hope your patience will b rewarded by heaps of classic fast Bali waves in August!

The Hellfire will give you some real lasting joy over there!

I thought I had it bad having to wait 6wks for my last Firewire!

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanx Gumby!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tallkook View Post
                    I got the 6'8...................................he says wandering off with tail between legs. I know this will cause some head shaking but I held the 6'6 and it just didn't feel like enough volume under the arm. Had a quick surf on it today and the volume feels good to me. Waves were shite so couldn't really comment on performance yet, other than it's quick!

STC it's always worth an email to Chris at Currumbin to suss any deals on boards you are after before pulling the trigger. Especially when looking for the bigger models as they aint that popular.
                    Hi Tallkook,

Just picked up a Hellfire this morning (yes the factory did help me out). Now all I need to do is get a Potatonator and i reckon I have my quiver complete.

606 Potatonator
                    605 El Fuego
                    610 Hellfire

Also got the young bloke a 506 HF which will be a step forward from the fish he is on now.

Heading down to the local shop this afternoon with a few trades to see what I can negotiate on a FST Pnator.

Comment

Great stuff STC. I'm envious about the pnator mate, they look real nice. How were the deals in the sale? I've scored a couple of bargains thru Chris up there at the factory. Good bloke.

Comment

The deals were good.
                        JaM71 (my agent...lol) went in there for me and within 10 seconds of walking in, spotted a 5'11" baked potato in the rack, which apparently wasn't supposed to be in the rack.
                        A bit of negotiation by JaM71 (onya mate) and baked was mine.
                        He reckons the guy behind him in the cue wanted the 5'11" baked potato really badly but was...denied...and ended up with a 5'10" sweet potato, so should be happy.
                        Did you get the deal done STC?

Comment

Deals were good :) but no Pnators :(

I did get a Deviant Fin. Just looking at it i can't say it fills me with a lot of confidence it works. Anyone had any experience?

Comment

Originally posted by STC67 View Post
                            Deals were good :) but no Pnators :(

I did get a Deviant Fin. Just looking at it i can't say it fills me with a lot of confidence it works. Anyone had any experience?
                            I really like them on my backhand. Makes my bottom turn to top turn a lot tighter in the pocket. If I was surfing a left point I think I'd use it every time.

The prototype I tried out a few years ago moved very freely but the one I bought last year is a little stiffer to move.

Comment

I've had a couple of surfs with it.
                              First surf at local point in really peaky 2' swell and it felt buttery smooth in cutbacks.
                              I was in a hurry that day but left it in afterwards as it felt positive with no appreciable drag.
                              Last surf was in solid 4' plus at local point (during last swell) and again it felt very good.
                              Surf cut short by legrope cord popping out of ankle strap and a swim in.
                              I'd had a stack of waves by then so didn't mind.
                              The fin stays in.
                              This was in the potatonator teamed with EA blackstix fronts.
                              In fin theory a thicker chord on a fin will make it turn faster and so that bulbous mechanism should help.
                              There are those who say the current way of foiling fins so thin is to make them easy to produce en masse and market.
                              So when we see a fin with a wide mechanism like on the deviant we recoil in dis-belief it won't drag like a mofo.
                              We need to keep our minds open on this one and try.

Comment

Working...
                              X