Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew, that was close! Mini mals are OK at a push, but not the dresses--- ever.

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
      ....a trim guy with huge low slung calves and feet like a hobbit wont have as much trouble...myself on the other hand, have puny little high calves like a Kenyan marathon runner... without the weight assistance to overpower the board, i'm finding out just how weak my lower legs are....(off for a soft sand run followed by calf raises with the wife on my shoulders..!)..
      While calf raises will work it might seem like hard work. In my first year of cycling and triathlon I gained 5kg or so...all on the legs. Thighs pumped up as well as calves, also never used to have an arse either. Now in my first year off I've gained a further 5kg but all on the gut! Anyway, a mountain bike can be a lot of fun on those crap surf days and will strengthen the legs. Road cycling is probably going to be even more effective but nowhere near as much fun (unless you are good enough to inflict pain on others)...just a thought.

For taller surfers building stronger and heavier legs will lower your centre of gravity and help a bit with stability. Not something everyone needs to do but it won't hurt if you are that way inclined. Leg strength helps me surf better...well when my legs are fatigued it makes a lot of difference to how hard I can turn.

Comment

Working...
      X