Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok HZ arrived today, on initial inspection the 2.25 doesnt seem too thin at all, feels really nice under the arm, the double concave compared to the HF is notably more subtle. Looks like more nose rocker than the HF but I didnt inspect the rocker all that much, the tail is thicker than I thought it would be but overall the board looks and feels really nice, its been nanotuned too which is cool. Just got to wait for some decent swell to come now, looks like something is coming on Sunday but is going to be small, will probably take it in and see how it grovels. Will update once iv had a few surfs on it, cant wait!

Comment

cool mate..let us know how she goes..!!

Comment

It's gonna be small there? It should be pumping here. Good period I reckon it'll be bigger than you think.

Comment

Hope your right! It's looking a lot smaller than cornwall on reports.
          Last edited by Will.; 10-19-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

This board is SICK!!!!! Surfed the beach next to my house which isnt really known as a surf beach as I didnt have much time today and am busy this eve. Waves were thigh high to head high and I am totally amazed at how well the board performed in these conditions, I was waiting for the bigger ones but did surf smaller ones too. Paddling was a breeze, catches waves with ease, really feels good on the bottom turn lots of bite, turns really nice, just felt perfect so glad I went for the 5'11. Yes it was really a day for the Spitfire but didnt really feel when I was out that I wish I had it instead of the HZ. Now the HZ blew me away with its grovel ability as I wasnt really expecting it to grovel, but the head high sets are when it really came alive. This board is fast! Felt faster than the hellfire, and the hellfire is crazy fast! I was running it as a thruster with 2 Powerbase armour flex DLs on the side and a SF4 in the back and it felt great, loads of drive!!! I need to surf it a bit more to really review its performance on cutbacks etc as this is based off 2.5 hours in the water, im so stoked with it Im struggling to remember all the waves and if I had any cutbacks, I remember doing a few snaps and it felt great. But yeah....totally stoked on this board!!!

Comment

Sounds good. I really like the look of the 511. Would love to add a little more thickness down the centre though.

Waves were macking down here. Main beaches were double overhead plus and struggling to hold it. Looks like the cribbar was working well too.

Comment

Dude it really doesn't need any more thickness at all trust me! think i'm preferring less foam these days, love the length of 5'11 as well, board feels perfect.
                Yeah you were right it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be, really good swell! Double overhead down the coast from me but I didn't have much time today so had to just surf the beach next to my house, had a good time anyway. I think you would love the HZ mate, I remember you asked a lot about its grovel ability a while ago and it grovels really well, its like having a HPSB which can grovel. I love it ha ha!

Comment

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Comment

Originally posted by core personal training View Post
                    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
                    I concur!

Comment

well played!

Comment

Hey Will. - how are you liking the Hellrazor a few weeks later?
                        How do you compare it to your Helfire?
                        How close to 70kg are you?
                        Like you I want a board that I can ride in the thigh to head high range but can still grovel a bit of need be.
                        I have been riding a 5'6 Hellfire and am very interested in the Hellrazor after reading the reviews on it and putting it under my arm it feels really good!
                        I demo'd a 5'8 MB (thin model) this weekend and didn't particularly care for it. Thinking the Razor might be what I am looking for...a little more HP than my Hellfire and can stlll grovel a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by delmarsurfer View Post
                          Hey Will. - how are you liking the Hellrazor a few weeks later?
                          How do you compare it to your Helfire?
                          How close to 70kg are you?
                          Like you I want a board that I can ride in the thigh to head high range but can still grovel a bit of need be.
                          I have been riding a 5'6 Hellfire and am very interested in the Hellrazor after reading the reviews on it and putting it under my arm it feels really good!
                          I demo'd a 5'8 MB (thin model) this weekend and didn't particularly care for it. Thinking the Razor might be what I am looking for...a little more HP than my Hellfire and can stlll grovel a bit.
                          Just out of curiosity
                          What didn't you like about the MB
                          Was it the waves or that you couldn't get it going?
                          I think it's important also to hear about negative reviews
                          It might make the difference between someone purchasing one board or the other
                          Cheers
                          Last edited by Wandi; 11-20-2012, 03:53 AM.

Comment

The waves weren't that great and it probably wasn't the best of days to demo a shortboard like the MB.
                            Can't blame it all on the board and I am sure it's a sick board in better waves. The kid at the shop loved it and was the same weight as me but about 4 inches taller.
                            Overall it felt too thick for me and I think it had too much rocker for what I am looking for right now. It paddled me fine although a little harder to get into waves than my Hellfire.
                            It seemed to be hard to get going but again the waves didn't have a lot of push. Went back to my car and got my Hellfire and had a lot more fun.
                            I keep coming back to the 5'7 Hellrazor...it feels so good under my arm. I hope that's the one...

Comment

It's difficult to tell in crap waves just what a board can do, let alone work out what the best fins for it will be. When I bought my JK for the first 3 weeks the surf was absolute rubbish; no wave longer than 2 seconds. A lot closed out immediately and everyone was scratching just to get off the bottom and get a turn off the top before they closed out - same story from Sydney to Wollongong. Anyway I started to doubt this board but it was just an unfortunate coincidence. Had many good waves since and it's a great board so unless you get good waves to demo in it is hard to tell much at all. That said, I'd be going the Hellrazor!

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more, Slowman.
                                Not a fair day to assess the MB plus I know I am looking for a slightly more HP board than my Hellfire but still has a bit of hybrid DNA in it...I think.
                                So confusing with all these great options Firewire continually puts in front of us.
                                From everything I have read the Razor sounds a great board and under my arm it feels soooooo good. I hope I can surf it as good as it feels.

Comment

Working...
                                X