Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not feeling it

Hi guys,

got a 6.1 hellrazor, and i'm quite dissapointed in it, i wanted something with a bit more volume than my flexfire but still turned like it, and was superloose. But i cant turn the damn thing properly! i'll go to do a turn likem on my dom/flex drop my arm and pre rotate but the board wont come under me, its just not loose enough.

I do like the way it catches waves and holds in the bigger stuff, very similar to the flexfire in that respect, but i like very loose high performance boards, ive tried it as a thruster with K2.1's in but its still the same. I dont know if its my style or what, any suggestions as to how i can loosen it up more? Or would the MB be a better bet?

Perhaps some fin experimentation. If you like the K2.1 thruster set and the way it goes on other boards for the drive and hold, then I'd try a smaller trailer fin. Try a 3" one. You might also want to try smaller fin sets.

Comment

I had the same issue with my 6'4" Futura - until I changed fins.

Comment

ride the k2.1s on my 6'1.. ure heavier then me too.. have no problems at all.. i think its loose with plenty of rocker to flow through the turn.. maybe technique/foot placement?

Comment

I had the same problem but only on my backhand
          On my backhand i surf a lot more off my back foot and it seemed like it had too much hold
          I didnt have a chance to play around with too many sets of fins but sounds like a good option as mentioned in the previous posts

Comment

yeah the hell razor does all those things for me as well...

also where have you placed your traction pad? Its important that the tail pad is way back there...

Comment

thanks for the replies guys, the pad is as far as it can possibly go, my backhand on a decent wave is actually quite good weirdly, i usually stay away from backhand waves. I also love the way it picks a line on a decent wave, the problem i have it that it doesnt snap like the dom or flexfire, everything else is fine, maybe a bit more practice on it before i sell it, only surfed it a handfull of times though.

it has flow through the turn, like someone mentioned, just no snap (for me!)

i also have quite a lot of gopro footage of me on the board that i'll post when i can a vid together

Comment

Originally posted by onshoreandmessy View Post
                thanks for the replies guys, the pad is as far as it can possibly go, my backhand on a decent wave is actually quite good weirdly, i usually stay away from backhand waves. I also love the way it picks a line on a decent wave, the problem i have it that it doesnt snap like the dom or flexfire, everything else is fine, maybe a bit more practice on it before i sell it, only surfed it a handfull of times though.

it has flow through the turn, like someone mentioned, just no snap (for me!)

i also have quite a lot of gopro footage of me on the board that i'll post when i can a vid together
                That could help!

Comment

Could need to shift your weight back forehand. Backhand you tend to naturally surf more over the back foot.

Comment

Working...
                  X