X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah that wave is super flat. I agree that you will love the potatonator there. As the waves get better and steeper, the hellrazor will come to life. I think, as PRJ said you could easily go either, but you might also consider the 60 or 602 Alternator, as I think both will be a little easier to surf and bit more versatile...

Cheers

So a 602 Alternator would be easier and more veratile than a 601/603 Hellrazor?

I was under the impression that it was the other way around ?

Comment

I was under the impression that the HZ did like a steeper/cleaner wave than the Alt. Subtle differences perhaps, but there.

Comment

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...-vs-Alternator

was thinking that the added width would make the HZ more stable and make it across flat sections better than the alternator... there's more rocker, but most of it is in the nose? As long as the boards are about the same volume, a 602 Alternator and a 603 Hellrazor for example, the Hellrazor will have more surface area and would get up to speed easier... and if the tail rocker is less as well + quad fins...I would think that it would work better. But then again, I might be totally wrong :]

Looks like the Alternator has more tail kick, but less nose rocker?
        Attachment
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Erling; 11-06-2012, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Great pic, pretty helpful

Comment

i believe the alternator will b quicker out of the gate because it is a flatter outline... razor will handle steeper more critical waves better.. razor is plenty fast but imo have to work a lil more to get the speed

Comment

Ive ridden both extensively, hellrazor is a better board in my opionion, zippier, looser and better control in bigger waves with drop down rail and narrower tail.

Comment

yeah i rode my alternator for like 7 years so i have some experience with it.... i also like the razor more but the alternator did really well in everything as well

Comment

agreed with kdropin...

Comment

Working...
                  X