X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'1 hellrazor review

well with swell charts going off the scale and light offshores all week it was finally time to go out and buy my much talked about 6'1 HELLRAZOR FST.This board was for my indo trip in feb/march next year and thought this would be the time to test it in solid perfect waves(croyde north devon) Im 13 stone and been surfing 20yrs+,ridden a 6'4 most my surfing life untill last 5 years fishes etc,always wanted to ride shortboards but just didnt cut it in the uk. This board is AMAZING!!!!!!! is so fast i could not believe the speed(that was just using the basic fins as a thruster)cant imagine the speed as a quad,off the top fast and very snappy,section on a solid six foot bomb coming down floated it as the board was glued to my feet,,prob the best technical surfing ive ever done..i was blow away,im still smiling now,the only down side was pulling into a heavy close out and snapping my leash.20 min run back to the carpark and borrow off a random ,paddles better than my grovel board and DEFFO would not want any more volume(i was so sure i needed the 6'3)
    many thanks to all the guys on here for the help choosing the right board...proper stoked!!.. cant wait for the 15th feb to try her at keramas and then on to lakeys,will post photos...
    thanks again
    geordie!Attachment
    Attached Files

Yew... Devon is on the UK right? And you're wearing boardies only LOL, what's the water temperature?

Comment

na mate thats the maldives,aye croyde is north devon england,best beach break in the uk on it day.but its rammed its a joke!..water is about 15 at the moment still in a 3.2 no boots yet!

Comment

Nice pic.

Hmm, well I may visit my local board shop on the way to work tomorrow ? ! :)

Comment

how much in lbs is 13 stone?????? just curious

Comment

182lb 82.5kg

Comment

i wish i couldve tried the 5'11.. just to compare volumes on this bad boy

Comment

I agree with a lot of what you have said geordieindevon, it is very fast! I have the 5'11, took it out for its first surf yesterday and I'm loving it!

Comment

think i'll pony up the 601 next...was going to go all PRO_File v1.0 but i'm liking the idea of extending the hellfire....which i keep coming back to....far out i loooove that board....it's stuffed up my low volume rockered HP act, but i'm getting older and creakier (becoming VERY gumby-ish at times) and i'm not surfing slabby perfection these days...so i reckon the razor for changeable peaky beachies will be the go....

geordie, are you getting close to its weight limit or is there room for another 5-6 kg..???
                  Last edited by core personal training; 10-23-2012, 12:27 AM. Reason: kant spel goode

Comment

i surfed it tonight in 1 to 2 foot glassy dying swell and still took my 13 stone 39 years old body down the line at speed!..would deffo not want any more volume,the board is the mutts nuts!!!..could even go smaller but like a slightly long rail line on a bigger wave,this board feels like my old DHD parko 6'4 but faster and paddles way better...bought it for indo but after tonight gonna be my daily board...got a question tho,no nothing at all about fins can anyone recommend for my weight for thruster ,dont think id use quad as is tooooo fast ...dont need any more speed

Comment

not liking whats in there??..what were they and what didn't you like about them.?...in fcs i'd be starting with a 5 template or even better, ks 2.1's..and see what they do/dont do for you..go from there....

now i'm flip flopping between the razor or maybe replacing my snapped flexy (cuz my hi perf act is suffering)....hmmmm.... or should i get the PRO_File v1.0.... might dust off some old "nev" rockered shorty's and see just how bad my act is...
                      Last edited by core personal training; 10-25-2012, 12:30 AM. Reason: kant spel goode

Comment

yeah i am thruster all the way as well...

Comment

Does the fst versus the Rapid fire have any additional float or are both technologies comparable?

Comment

nearly identical.

Comment

Working...
                            X