X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sal Fitzgibbons on firewire

Sal Fitzgibbons on what looks to be a hellrazor, Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvE_...D1FE9EC853A93D

If she nails that fins free approach is heats next year she'll be hard to beat. That said, Steph is back and Carissa had a poor year last year and will be hungry this year.
    I have a thing for Sally though......

Comment

I like what Redbull have done for performance surfing as well
      They seem to want to push the envelope a bit harder than the average surf company
      They have taken all that experience from other sports and used it to improve their team riders

Comment

You got to love those bottom turns!! ;)

Comment

No, it's a Hellfire. You can see at :49 it has the Hellfire logo of the airplane on the bottom.
          I am sure it's a custom build and it would be interesting to know her dimensions.
          Great video! Thanks for posting.

Comment

She is really amazing! Got to meet her in the water at Lowers the other week, had a great conversation with her. At first I was taken aback as I thought to myself this girl is better than me I wonder if she is a pro. Sure enough, it was Sally.
            Last edited by hwork50; 11-15-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

hwork50 - What a lucky guy! Got to surf with one of the best in the world, that must have been a really cool experience. She rips!

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                I have a thing for Sally though......
                I'm guessing you wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe in that regard!
                Last edited by Slowman; 11-16-2012, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I just watched her the whole time and talked about different boards that I liked and fin set-ups. She was super cool and hotter in person than in the videos. Yeah, it made my day as there were like 40 guys out on one peak and it was maybe like 4-6 foot. She was just hanging back being really respectful and just ripping the medium sized waves. One wave she took off and did a 360 on the take-off, it was so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                    I'm guessing you wouldn't Robinson Crusoe in that regard!
                    Haha is that some kind or Aussie slang?

Comment

Sorry that should have been "I'm guessing you wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe in that regard! ". You know the story by Daniel Dafoe of a guy stranded alone on an island. And yes it is an idiom used here quite a bit.
                      Last edited by Slowman; 11-16-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Ah that makes sense! Agreed

Comment

yeah she is a ripper. WT next year. i travelled ahead in time to confirm it. She definitely will win next year...

Comment

I second that, she is so far ahead of what other women are doing. My money is on her winning the WT.
                            Last edited by hwork50; 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I hope she picks up one (WT). I think Steph is the best female surfer ever but Carissa and Sal aren't far off. Those airs she's been working in might be a game changer but I doubt Steph and Carissa have been watching sport on the tube in the off season.

Comment

Working...
                              X