Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hellrazor fin set up for the bigger guy

Hi guys,

Been reading through the forums for a while now and got some good advice from here and I was wondering peoples thoughts on the fin set up for the bigger guy on the hellrazor. I Have just ordered a fst 6`5 for the north east coast (UK) as I am 90-95kg 6`2 tall and will be only using it for the bigger cleaner days as I already own a dom. Been surfing for 12 years pretty regularly and would say I am an intermediate surfer. Is a thruster set up the way forward for head high waves? Also keen to know what fins people would suggest as I have not got vast knowledge on this subject. Cheers

What fin set up, futures or FCS?

I am a similar weight, and will buy a 6'5 HZ too (for our next winter) with FCS plugs and I intend to try out the R2 quad setup and thruster set up. The R2s work well for me, fast, loose enough and good drive.

The HZ can be ridden as either thruster or quad, you just have to see what you like.

Comment

cant go past the AM template in your size AM-2 in futures and G-AM in FCS, ridiculously fast and hold great

Comment

Hi slowman I had read a few of your posts and was interested in what u had to say as we are similar size it fcs. I almost opted for the 6`3 but I think the volume is s little low for me its coming tomorrow so I might be able to give you an update on how it rides surf permitting! Thanks Timmy I will check them out.

Comment

Id be keen to hear how it gos too. Im pretty similar stats and looking at a 6'5 as well.

Comment

Board came yesterday and on the feel alone I think it will turn out to be the right size for me. It is a slightly thinner board than I am used to but I will be generally using it on the bigger cleaner days anyway. One thing to say is the board looks amazing! Charts are looking good for Wednesday supposed to be 9 foot and clean so hopefully will get to try it out.

Comment

i started with the thruster (machado fins), switched to quad, now i'm back on the tri-fin. honestly i like both options. just depends on conditions. i like the quad on smaller waves and the thruster when it's firing. its a great board for clean waves with some push.

Comment

Fin wise I'm stuck between the mf1 and the PC gams. Both look good for this board and I've already got the stretch quads for it I now just need to pick my thruster set up.

Comment

I don't think you can go wrong with either. Both are very popular templates.

Comment

I'd go with the GAMs first then get the MF1s later...I have GAM quads and I like the release they offer. I also like the smaller trailer fin in the GAM thruster set. Used that kind of set up quite a bit on my thrusters.

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna prob go with that gams although I don't think there is that much difference between the two.

Comment

Working...
                      X