Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indo surf trip advice on repairs if needed.

off to indo in 8 weeks for a month,gonna be mainly staying at lakeys been 7 times before but never with a firewire. just wondering if i ding my 6'1 hellrazor fst whats the deal on repairs? can i get it fixed in bali and can i take a temp fix like solarrez?.. just got to say again the board is unreal ,cant fault it soooo good.
    cheers all, will be posting pics in march!!!

Use board bog for temporary fixes. Take 3 sticks and you should have more than you'll ever need.

I recently went to Panaitan Island and end up on dry reef and my FST HF just had scratches and that was all.

Comment

Ive been to indo about half a dozen times. Take board bog, the stuff that you cut off a piece from a larger stick of it and kneed it between your fingers. It goes hard in about 20 mins. I use the FCS one. You can also get a type that doesnt go hard so you can remove and repair later when you are back. That version is literally called board bog. I always take a travel repair kit (for epoxy boards of course). They have enough gear to do most repairs. I have reset fins, repaired cracked rails etc etc with these kits. There are also good repairers in Bali and other parts of Indo. Take the basics and you will be right. Just make sure you dry it out properly.

Comment

thanks guys never heard of that but will be takin that to lakeys... cant wait to take the bad boy out at lakeys and periscopes!!!!

Comment

can i get that in bali? just tried to find it in uk but no joy!.. looks like an australian product

Comment

Check the web site...it doesn't look like it but I'm sure if you shoot them email they'll probably help you out. The FCS alternative is probably more widely available.

Surfstitch do international orders and they have the FCS putty and Farking putty.

Comment

Surf stitch have a euro store in hossegor now. Try ordering from there!

Comment

Board bog is fantastic! I always keep some handy. Just pull off a little piece and apply it like bubble gum over the ding. It gets semi hard and lasts until you scrape it off with a comb. It looks like a wad of wax. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

My new potatonator got a ding while I was camping last summer. I board bogged it and didn't worry about a permanent repair until getting home ten days or so later.

Comment

cheers boys looks like a mate who deals with fcs is gonna order me some...

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    Board bog is fantastic! I always keep some handy. Just pull off a little piece and apply it like bubble gum over the ding. It gets semi hard and lasts until you scrape it off with a comb. It looks like a wad of wax. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

My new potatonator got a ding while I was camping last summer. I board bogged it and didn't worry about a permanent repair until getting home ten days or so later.
                    I got a little ding in the deck of my JK ...I still haven't removed the bog yet and it's been 2 months, no real need but wax doesn't seem to stick to it, so I'll get around to it sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                    X