X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not working for me.

Tip corner with buzzy: I reckon you'd find improvement in your (good) cutty if you bring your right arm across your chest as you move through the turn. Parko does that best. The other option is the Occy/Taylor Knox version where you hold your right (rear) arm more vertically rather than across your chest. That makes for a great turn but, imho, reduces the chance of a proper roundhouse foam bounce cutty that you get with the Parko (and Mick F and Slater) style turn. You look like you're surfing with great style and flow btw and you may have been going for a JJF "I dropped my wallet" cutty, in which case ignore me!

Surf tips brought to you from a bloke who observes technique far better than he implements it.
    Last edited by buzzy; 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Hmm well w/e dont have that vid saved on my comp so I cant upload it to youtube. Im making a much better one at the moment though. So Ill throw that one up when Its done.
      Thanks for the tip, its always good to have others with a critical eye break down your surfing.
      and I do put my arm across my chest when I go for a roundhouse to help bring me around and do a snap into the foam but on that particular turn I was aiming for more of a down-carve since the waves were breaking in like shin deep water so by the time you get to the bottom its to steep to go back up and hit it again.
      Honestly though cant say my arm always does that either, more of just a fluke that makes it look super retro which I like. Especially with the B&W filter.

Comment

aurfalien - What size Hellrazor did you end up getting and how much do you weight?

Can you and meekthefreak shed a little more light on how you like the board now that you guys have the board for over a month.
        How are you feeling about your choices in sizing/volume?
        Does it go alright when waves are knee to waist high as well?

Soooooo intrigued with this board and how it feels underneath my arm.

Comment

After ridng my razor in a bunch it conditions knee to waist high wouldn't b the time to grab this board..waist plus it still goes well in as long as it is punchy..best two sessions with it have been a head to 2 ft oh hurricane swell day and a shoulder high barreling lined up wind swell day..it def likes some size..I don't know any HP shortboards that go really well in knee to waist

Comment

The HZ is such a nice board, I think it's probably the best high performance board I've ever owned. It loves a decent, workable wave though and once you've got it the FST (on mine) and chop tail works a treat. The projection down the line is awesome. Being about 5' 9 and 165lbs I find a couple medium large fins and a medium trailer fin works pretty good for me, could've gone 5' 11 but went 6' 1 since it only comes out on decent days.

Well there ya go, I just had to get that off my chest.

Comment

We're all going to hell...Attachment
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Slowman View Post
                We're all going to hell...Attachment
                Is that for real?? I am in the sh.t big time if it is... I am most of those lol.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FW - Fan View Post
                  Is that for real?? I am in the sh.t big time if it is... I am most of those lol.
                  Lets see...
                  surf:check
                  skateboard:check
                  musician: play the harmonica (well at least I make noise with it) check
                  vegetarian: my girlfriend force me to eat my veggies (damn she's sending me to hell) check
                  occpiers: ?
                  activists:yup, check
                  adicts:to surf check
                  fornicators: come oooooooooon... cheeeeeeeck

All right I'm done, going to hell

Comment

married with children so NO fornicating going on here...!!.. so maybe just purgatory ????

Comment

Hey Core

How do you find the Blackstix fins go, compared to your Honeycomb JC's? Im close to ordering some R1 Blackstix, but a few people have told me they find the V2 foil a bit wierd feeling and quite directional and tracky, and also they said they find them a bit too stiff....... which seems to be the opposite of how Id expect them to be as I thought they were supposed to be more flexible than HC and a fairly tight turn radius compared to flat sides.

Really keen to know your thoughts

Cheers

Comment

Slowman, I'm a Pastor but seems like I'm doomed also--- tick the majority of those boxes! But provided there are waves in Hell, it seems like the company would be a damn sight more interesting [and entertaining] than any place populated by the likes of the author of those sentiments!

Comment

well, i found the jc version to be like dragging a bucket of water...really...made it almost impossible to move forwards and through turns..and yes stiff and dead..the ea's on the other hand are a really thin foil with a much deeper concave and are soooooooo alive... i'd shelved them because i overpowered them (even though i loved them).. but now with me being too light for the MB they in most cases are not getting overflexed...in fact unless i really put the boot in they have so much rebound that they throw me out of turns with ridiculous speed and lift...this alone makes me want to drop another few kg's and keep it off so they can really whip me out of turns..want to get them in a twitchy proV-1 etc....they "turn" into turns, and accelerate right through the turn...great for figure eights..!!... if there is a lot of power to tackle then they can sort of hit their limit early and you get left wanting... thats where you still need a flat foil thats a bit stiffer...

the rustys i believe have a flexy tip... so depending on how flexy the rest of the fin is it might lose some rebound for heavier guys..??....at 90kg you may feel the ea's magic if you dont push to hard...depends on your style....but it is a reactive and very alive fin...

i got some am1 blackstix today (another fin i never bothered with at my old weight).. haven't fondled them yet so cant speak of their flex etc...will test them next few days hopefully and report back..(bump this thread in case i forget...)
                          Last edited by core personal training; 02-04-2013, 02:00 AM. Reason: kant spel goode

Comment

Awesome info !! Thanks Core.

Comment

Piha, you are a pastor and you joke about hell! Is it a job for you, or do you believe in what you preach? Just curious brother.

Comment

Laughing is good for the soul. Any good Jesuit will tell you that, Dominicans, not so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X