X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for HZ size

Hi. I need some help, I trying to decide between the HZ6´1 or the HZ6´3. I am 6´tall, 90kg (198lbs). I currently have the EF5´11, HF6´0 and FF6´2 thick version. The volume for the EF is just fine, the FF are just in the limit and needs good waves with push. The volume for the HF is great for paddling but some time too much volume for turning, especially when getting too much speed (which is very easy with that board). I almost sure the choice should be the HZ6´3 but not 100% sure. Thanks in advance for any advice.

You seem to ride lower volume boards for your weight so you might like the 601. The 603 is a safe bet though.

Comment

Probably doesn't help much but at 70 kg the 5'11 HZ was too long and buoyant for me, could have done with a 5'9 for my weight but made a snap decision and got it wrong...lost about £200 for the sake of it too!

Comment

Many thanks Baker and prjwebb. I sure the length of the HZ6'3 are the perfect for me, and fits in my actual quiver, the volume also seems ok, but I just a little worried about the thickness at the tail will be to much ??, don't know? Today I was out in overhead plus surf with the FF6'2 (only 28,5 l.) and I was struggling a bit for catching waves, when I was on the wave it was perfect volume for me. So if I get the 6'1 it will overlap too much with the rest of the quiver. I am not ordering the board till next week son any other advice will be appreciated .

Comment

hey canario, the tail on the 5'11 actually felt quite skinny to me but that's probably cause i was too used to the 16'' tail on the spit. don't think that will cause you any concerns on the 6'3.

Comment

oh and just to add i caught waves really easily on the 5'11, it just went all a big wrong after that, just didn't feel right...too long for my height and weight.

Comment

yeah the tails pretty skinny imo

Comment

Hey Canario - as mentioned above, the volume seems pretty low for your weight. But this is an interesting conversation that may assist me too.
                Without hijacking your thread entirely (and without starting another "what size board?" thread), perhaps my dilema may also help.

I'm 6'2' and 88kg (194 lbs) and am also undecided on which Hellrazor to get.

I have a Hellfire 604 and to be honest I haven't felt the same love for it that others have on this forum. Ultimately it felt a bit big.

I have a 602 dom for the fun stuff and absolutely love it. I know it has a heap of volume, but I don't feel it so much.

So now I'm thinking a HF603, but the volume calculator says 605 is in the sweet spot for me.

I would appreciate others thoughts in this??

Jase

Comment

Yeah Jase you're the opposite side of the spectrum here. I think the general guide is Hellfire 2" bigger than Dom and Hellrazor 3" bigger than Dom. You could definitely drop at least 2" on those though. The extra volume might be helpful for the Dom in small waves but sounds like you're feeling with the HF in better waves.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I appreciate the help given.
                    For me 30- 32 litres is the right volume although the volume calculator saids different. My HF6'0 with 31,9 L and is OK.
                    Jase, as Core saids in other threads the HF should be ride as short as posible, maybe you should have gone for the 6'0.
                    Kdropin, when saying the tail is skinny are you referring to the tail of the HZ6'1 or the HZ6'3'. The problem is that I only have chance to see the HZ6'1 and it seems ok for me tail, so anybody knows how much thicker is the tail at the 6'3?

Comment

prjwebb - yeah, the below average feeling I was getting from the HF was in good overhead + waves in the Mentawais.

Anyone- In the same/similar conditions (north shore next month and Mentawaii 2 months after that), what would be about right? HR 601? 602FMB? any suggestions?

I'm going to sell my HF604 in Hawaii or Australia when I'm there next...
                      Last edited by Jase; 01-05-2013, 02:43 AM. Reason: speeling

Comment

Yeah less volume with the HF in the ments I reckon!
                        I reckon the MB would be a great choice considering the places you're surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by prjwebb View Post
                          Yeah less volume with the HF in the ments I reckon!
                          I reckon the MB would be a great choice considering the places you're surfing.
                          Thanks.
                          Yeah, living in China I don't surf each week (and that sucks), but I do my best to replace that with quality when I can :)

Comment

Hey Jase, both boards are going to rip for you. My brother just rode his 511 HZ in really good Fiji and New Zealand and loved it. I would say look at the widths of the boards and decide which one suits your preferences more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                              Hey Jase, both boards are going to rip for you. My brother just rode his 511 HZ in really good Fiji and New Zealand and loved it. I would say look at the widths of the boards and decide which one suits your preferences more.
                              And then I could add the MD to the equation....
                              Hahahaha!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X