X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing the Hellrazor and the Chubby Chedda

thinking about getting a chubby at some point in the future.. wondering how the two compare.. i ride the razor and really like how it goes but always looking to see if the grass is greener etc..

i'm debating on going with a 5'11 razor (from a 6'1) and see if i can handle the volume drop (and i lost a lil weight) bc like i said i enjoy the razor's performance.. or possibly a 5'10 or even 5'9 chubby because i really like the look of the board

will one out perform the other? one easier to ride? wave catchability? etc etc etc.. thanks!!!!!!

In my opinion, the Chubby is more versatile in smaller surf. Hands down.

Comment

sorry it also is what i would call a more "average" wave board. The rocker is a little more relaxed, there is a little more foam in the nose and tail and has a bit more drive in small stuff. Both ripping boards though...

Comment

I wanted to double check that there isn't any 5 fin option on the Chubby??

Comment

No five fin option on the Chubby, ScottyDanger.

Comment

Quite a tough comparison as the CC is designed for smaller/average surf where the Razor is a good wave board. Im 6ft - 75Kg's and ride a 5'11 Hellrazor in anything shoulder high and bigger (even 6ft Jbay and haven't found its top end limit yet) and it is by far 1 of the best boards I have ridden. For everything else I have a 5'6 Spitfire which loves to grovel, also is really fun in good waves if you are in the mood for riding a small board in decent sized/hollow waves.

Comment

Would there be too much overlap to have a Chedda and a Hellrazor?

Comment

Originally posted by delmarsurfer View Post
                Would there be too much overlap to have a Chedda and a Hellrazor?
                I don't know much about the Chubb but it appears to have a little more thickness throughout. I have the HR and love that board. But take note the HR is for good clean glassy waves.

I would imagine the Chubb might be a little more forgiving in the chop.

Couldn't hurt to compare the two and take note of minor differences. But if you are splitting hairs then yeah there might be some overlap.

Comment

TBH I find my HR gos really well in mushy crumbly flat stuff too, as long as theres a bit of size (shoulder +). I also find it cuts through the chop really well and still feels nice and precise, wheres my HF and PN bounce around that bit more. For me its just THE goto board for everything shoulder +

Comment

yeah jynxz, that is a fair point, but the take home is the Hellrazor needs a wave that has a little more speed to take advantage of than the Chubby Chedda. I think the HZ gives you better control and performance in such conditions, while the CC pulls a little more speed out of an average.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                      yeah jynxz, that is a fair point, but the take home is the Hellrazor needs a wave that has a little more speed to take advantage of than the Chubby Chedda. I think the HZ gives you better control and performance in such conditions, while the CC pulls a little more speed out of an average.
                      I just picked up a Chubby Chedda and will be looking for a good wave board to fill the gap between my step up 6'3 Rock Up and the 5'11" Chubby Chedda. Would the Hellrazor fit the bill? It would be for 4-6+ days that are more powerful/hollow. Or would the Chubby and Hellrazor have too much overlap?

Comment

Working...
                      X