X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble finding 5'9 hellrazor

Hey Chris I was just wondering if you could help me locate a 5'9 hellrazor with fcs around Orange County or San Diego. Every place I've called only has it with futures. I saw one at surfride but noticed it wasn't nanotuned and has been sitting on the rack there for close to year. Do u sell board from your guys headquarters in Carlsbad? I don't mine driving a little ways to get a new fresh one from the factory. Thanks so much for your help!

You could always buy the non nanotuned one you saw and get the shop to wipe on some nanotune gratis.

Comment

Hi,
      I'm tryin to locate a new razor 6'7" either construction. Have been told they are in short supply is this true. Sydney Oz.

Any help much appreciated.

Ray

Comment

Been surfing a long time and still fit and 77kg.
        I like the look of the Hell-razor same bottom plan that i am used too, but what length??? Normally ride 6'9" when its overhead, but would think way too much volume. Will I still get into larger waves on a 6'5" razor?
        Which retailers in Sydney have stock, I've emailed a bunch of them with only one reply from Surf Culture Bondi Junction saying no razors in stock.
        Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

I think 6'7 will be way too big for you. I'm 185ish (85 kg or so) with a 6'7, and I found that in the waves you want to use that board (big or clean), it was too much foam in the front of the board..tail is nice though. I'd be looking at 6'5 for more of step up, but probably your should get a 6'3.

Comment

btw I'll sell mine for $400 plus shipping...which I can only assume will be astronomical to australia, but may make sense for you, i don't know how expensive they are there.

Comment

I have a 6'5 and Im currently 85kg, 6'2 tall, pretty fit, but only 2 1/2 years surfing. I love the board but could definately go a 6'3 easily. It is so easy to paddle so dont be scared to go down a little in volume. Its paddles better than my 6'4 HF and as good as my 5'10 PN (and they both have 3L more volume). Honestly go with the 6'3 IMO. its sounds a bit drastic I know, but I reckon youll be glad you did once you get it in the water.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, you have saved me making a big mistake. Anyway the shops have no stock at the moment.
                Ray

Comment

jynxz - do you really think your 6'5 HZ paddles better than your 6'4 HF and as good as your 5'10 PN? That seems hard to believe.
                  I just purchased a 5'6 Chedda but have been eyeing a 5'7 Razor for some time now.
                  Had a 5'6 HF and was concerned that the drop in volume to a 5'7 Razor (1.8L) would be too much.

Comment

Yep it definately seems to paddle better for some reason. It feels like that touch extra length and bit less width just help it go through the water a bit easier. Its also alot faster down the line than the HF too.

Comment

Just ordered a 6'5". Will let you know how the volume is after 2 weeks in Mentawis early May.
                      Stay tuned.
                      Ray
                      Been surfin since '69, 50 now and still young :-)

Comment

yeah Ray!

Comment

Originally posted by Scottrp55 View Post
                          Hey Chris I was just wondering if you could help me locate a 5'9 hellrazor with fcs around Orange County or San Diego. Every place I've called only has it with futures. I saw one at surfride but noticed it wasn't nanotuned and has been sitting on the rack there for close to year. Do u sell board from your guys headquarters in Carlsbad? I don't mine driving a little ways to get a new fresh one from the factory. Thanks so much for your help!
                          Scottrp55 - There's a 5'9 HZ for sale on CL in Ventura
                          http://ventura.craigslist.org/spo/3656784822.html

And another in Torrance
                          http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...729263715.html

Comment

Working...
                          X