Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah i saw that on the surfer forum a long while ago

Comment

• ordered mine, new to the forum. Ordered a 6'1 hellrazor not sure if it is the right size for me...

Comment

• what's your height and weight hullhb?

Comment

• Im giving up on firewire, we had a violent break up and in the end ive decided that they are dead to me. Snapping Hellrazor in April of 2012 after having had it for a month put a dent in my belief behind the product. Firewire was gracious enough to give me a new board at a very low cost and I do not fault their customer service, but after having had that board sit in canada for 8 months before being able to surf it and than have it ALSO snap on me after a month and a half is beyond me. Not including the fact that of the 4 boards I had in my quiver it was being surfed the least.
          Took off on a 2 foot wave yesterday and surfed it through, when it closed out I turned towards the beach and held on for a second or so after the closeout before being knocked off my board, coming up only to discover it floating there in two pieces....
          Today I was riding my 5'6 spitfire that I bought in october of 2011 which had held up like a champ with no serious dings other than rail cracks and the such. Once again on about a 2 foot wave I went up to do a floater at the end and when I came off the lip and landed I heard a super loud "CRAACK!" and felt the board shudder underneath me. I fell off laughing to myself in disbelief thinking I had seriously just snapped another one. This time the case was a bit minor but still a buckle all the way across the deck and around the rails with some good chunks of glass and foam that I am going to have to cut away.
          Ill also note that the snap on my second hellrazor is of EXACTLY the same degree as on my first one. It happend literally in the same spot and the same way, could stick the nose of the first one and the tail of the second one together and you would never know the difference. Also finding fiberglass strands that are lacking resin within the break and whole sections where the resin never bonded to the foam. I suggest some revision of the quality control is implemented.
          I love the shapes and the feel, but until I find that the 750 bucks that Im spending on these boards is equivalent to the longevity im getting from them, my money is going elsewhere.
          Thank you and goodbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chito View Post
            Im giving up on firewire, we had a violent break up and in the end ive decided that they are dead to me. Snapping Hellrazor in April of 2012 after having had it for a month put a dent in my belief behind the product. Firewire was gracious enough to give me a new board at a very low cost and I do not fault their customer service, but after having had that board sit in canada for 8 months before being able to surf it and than have it ALSO snap on me after a month and a half is beyond me. Not including the fact that of the 4 boards I had in my quiver it was being surfed the least.
            Took off on a 2 foot wave yesterday and surfed it through, when it closed out I turned towards the beach and held on for a second or so after the closeout before being knocked off my board, coming up only to discover it floating there in two pieces....
            Today I was riding my 5'6 spitfire that I bought in october of 2011 which had held up like a champ with no serious dings other than rail cracks and the such. Once again on about a 2 foot wave I went up to do a floater at the end and when I came off the lip and landed I heard a super loud "CRAACK!" and felt the board shudder underneath me. I fell off laughing to myself in disbelief thinking I had seriously just snapped another one. This time the case was a bit minor but still a buckle all the way across the deck and around the rails with some good chunks of glass and foam that I am going to have to cut away.
            Ill also note that the snap on my second hellrazor is of EXACTLY the same degree as on my first one. It happend literally in the same spot and the same way, could stick the nose of the first one and the tail of the second one together and you would never know the difference. Also finding fiberglass strands that are lacking resin within the break and whole sections where the resin never bonded to the foam. I suggest some revision of the quality control is implemented.
            I love the shapes and the feel, but until I find that the 750 bucks that Im spending on these boards is equivalent to the longevity im getting from them, my money is going elsewhere.
            Thank you and goodbye.
            Chito..were the boards FST or Rapid Fire??

Comment

• FST, both of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chito View Post
                FST, both of them.
                Wow, thats unlucky...not saying I havent had the occasional issue but nothing like that in over 20 Firewire boards bought and some sold...I guess I would feel the same if I had your experience...

Comment

• Sorry to hear Chito.

I will say to everyone else that while Chito's boards may have broken, there is more to it than he is letting on. Our boards simply don't break in 2 foot waves unless they are surfed improperly or sustain some kind of damage, take on water from an old ding, etc. Like any surfboard made, Firewires can break, especially if not taken care of. I am not sure what happened in Chito's case, but I can say with 100% certainly it wasn't the result of anything being wrong with his board. If Firewire boards broke for no reason in 2 ft slop because of the way we build them, we would be out of business.

I mean no disrespect Chito, but I am just calling it as i see it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X