Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6'1" will be paying safe

Comment

Cheers prjwebb and iggy, I'm in boardies 70% of the year but we lack consistent, powerful surf where I am so I'll stick with my initial 27 litre min eg 5'11" HellRazor or 5'8" Hellfire.

Would love to try a 5'9" in good surf though one day, I reckon it would fly!

Comment

good stuff C0, keep us posted

Comment

Surfed the Hellrazor this morning in 5-6ft sets with Futures Techflex Clay Marzo CM2 fins. These fins rock....love them.........they have good hold and drive and yet are lose and have nice tail release......found them nice and fast.

Comment

Fazza, how much overlap do you have on the Potatonator over the Dominator, and why are you selling the Sweet Pot? How much a gap are you finding the Dominator to the Hell Razor?

Comment

Fritzkat

The Potatonator has 1-4ft weak to slightly punchy waves handled as long as they have any easyish take off. The Dominator is a great board and even though I don't think I will surf it as much now having the PNator and the Hellrazor i will keep it and take it out every now and then if the waves are head high, i don't enjoy it in smaller weak surf. If the waves are punchy, got a bit more of a sucky or quick take off i will surf the Hellrazor in 2ft and up to what ever i can paddle it into.

I think that depending on the waves you are surfing you could get away with a 2 board quiver of a PNator and a Hellrazor. I have gone slightly bigger in the board sizes as the waves in WA have a lot of power in them and you need to be up and going early, if you are under gunned you don't catch waves or you go over the falls.....just the way it works for me :)

I have had some funs waves on the Sweet Spud but also had some sessions were i didn't enjoy it......probably more me than the board. I think that there is a point in when you go to small and wide you lose that plaining/glide ability of a board slightly longer even if that longer board has less volume. Having the Potatonator now i don't think i will surf the Sweet Spud as i have surfed the Potatonator the same places as the Sweet Spud and had a blast on it.

I have surfed the Hellrazor a few times on waves similar to the Dominator i.e. head high, nice and punchy, and not thought that i had wished i had taken out the dominator.

Comment

yeah fair assessment there fazza.

i do think the wide point helps a lot!!

Comment

Sick little vid of Noah Erickson riding the hellrazor -

http://vimeo.com/40059489

Comment

its definitely not all hellrazor though just as a heads up....

Comment

I like the late take off dissapearing act... where'd he pop back up?

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzkat View Post
                        I like the late take off dissapearing act... where'd he pop back up?
                        Yeah i never saw him pop back up either, looks like he took a beating into the rock or maybe popped back up behind the rock where we cant see. ouch.

Comment

You can see him getting washed between the two rocks at 00:58

Comment

ouch, he had to have done some scrape by the rocks... good thing he has rubber on. wonder how the board faired.

Comment

yeah he is still down there. Noah is Kevin Costner's kid. He has ear gills.

Comment

got mine today.. seems like a really good shape.. nice narrow tail and has plenty of width for glide.. plenty of rocker

Comment

Working...
                                X