Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly think the Hellfire is an extremely underated board as far as high perforamce goes, I took Chris's advice last year and at 90kg's opted for the 6'2 hellfire. My god what a board!! the Hellfire is once in a lifetime magic boards that just seems to come alive under your feet and does things that you cant remember actually trying to do? I paddles easily into waves and on those sucky late drops where inside your head you can hear that liitle voice telling you "your going to eat s**t lol" and you want to lean back. dont! just trust the board and get your weight forward and she just never catches and flys into a bottom turn. this board is pure magic I have only ever had one board like this in 15 years of surfing and that was an original shaped JS i picked up in Dee Why and its taken me 9 years to find another lol Buy the Hellfire honestly you wont regret it

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I think the Hellfire may actually be a better a big wave board because of the tail shape and the deeper double barrel. These give the HELLFIRE great control and easier maneuverability when the surf is cooking!
      Yep heard it the first time and can certainly say in the almost double overhead waves I've surfed it felt rock solid. Fast, loose and in control. Never a doubt.

Comment

yep..on slabby ones around here, as long as i nail the dodgy drops on the 510 at 90kg, it bites and drives while maintaining freedom you dont have in your longer normal shooter..the razor should be a hoot..!!

Comment

Thanks Chris, Hellfire it is then! Again, great to hear all the positive feedback! Another last quick question, people are commenting on the high performance aspect between the two boards, does the HF fall a bit short to the HR regarding high performance?

Comment

I don't think it's going to be a case of being lower performance, it's just going to surf a little differently to a shortboard.

Comment

there is nothing "low" performance about the hellfire....you are essentially riding a full hperf shortboard with a shorter rail line..you could say your setup/transition between major maneuvers is a little different (easier/less need to generate speed), but it will blow your mind and make you rethink your standard HPerf board when you throw it into a critical turn....

Comment

Yeah that is a safe analysis. The Hellrazor takes this same style, reduces volume and width, draws length out slightly and shortens the board's turning radius and increases sensitivity.

Cheers

Comment

chris if you were still in maine do think you'd b on the 6'1.. trying to rap my head around which razor i want to get.. leaning towards the 6'1 but i haven't ridden a board that long in a while. the vollume on the 5'11 is quite low esp. for the east coast.. i'm assuming the 6' 1 will still surf tight and should be able to bring in around pretty quick turning radius wise? id b on the 5'10 hellfire so this kinda makes sense... what you think...

Comment

2 inches difference in length. Two finger widths. It's not much.

Comment

yeah kdropin I have been debating that a good bit actually because I want to deposit one back home for surf trips.

Here is my take. If I were going for a daily driver, I would grab a 601 all the way. The volume of the 511 is going to be too small for me with a 5/4, boots and gloves. The 601 would be a great all around shortboard for me back east.

If you wanted the 5'11, you would want view it as a board for decent surf when in a thinner suit. in 3-5 foot hurricane swell in August through early November, AWESOME!! probably going to be tough though when the water is frigid and the wind is strong and you are bundled.

The thicker Michel hides its volume really well too, could be a great option!

Comment

yeah it is a tough call.. i am wanting more of a daily driver.. something for punchy waist plus surf.. a board that will surf more hp then the dominator. i'm more and more leaning towards the 6'1.. now its future or fcs.. decisions never end ha.. thx

i like the mb a lot but i don't think i want to go that thick with the thicker version of it.

Comment

whens the nano tech going to be available on the hellrazor?

Comment

They came in last week and are available now...,

Comment

sweeet! do i have to ask for it specifically when ordering??

still undecided on fin system.. leaning towards fcs bc i have a quiver of fins.. really want to try those blackstix though..

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuuutures!!! ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X