Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah 5'9"!

Comment

Hey Lino what's your surf like? (intermediate?)

Comment

Hey Lino...You can definiately go 2" shorter on the Hellrazor. I ride the 5'11 HZ and tried the 6'1" which was too long for me. FYI, my normal short board is a 6'2" Flexfire.

Comment

Sweet! I was thinking the 5'11'' would be to big but since I never had a 5'9'' shortboard I was afraid to end up with something to small. @iggy I think it's intermediate (sorry, forgot to mention that) I do some cuties, snaps, floaters, laybacks, not much more yet. And I also dont usually surf more than overhead.

Comment

Nev what's you take on the hellfire versus hell razor ....when do you pull out one or tuther.

Comment

Help please guys, need to make a decision between the two! seems a lot of other people do aswell!

I'm 35 185lbs and i want a board to fit in between my 5.8 dom and 6.3 flex, mainly to go to when it's too big for the dom (anything over head+) and too messy (pretty much all the time) for the 6.3 flex. When its big and messy i struggle on the dom for 2 reasons; 1. because its so short it seems to bounce around under me on take off when i'm in big storm waves + 2. it has a big fat arse! and likes to slide out on a bottom turn, plently of times i've slid down a face sideways LOL!

but i dont know if i want to retain more dominator characteristics to my board (because i think the dom is the best board in the world!!!) and go for the hellfire or go for the hellrazor and get more lengh to help me with takeoff, but worry that the hellrazor is too close to the flexfire.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Hey swell (magnet)

The Hellrazor is more high performance in the pocket type of a board. More than the Hellfire, less than the Flexfire/Pro models.I pull it out when I am unsure if my Hellfire will handle the conditions, which does not allways relate to size...Could be a real punchy day at DBah over the same swell at the points or other beachies.
                My perfect hellrazor would actually be a 6'0"

511HZ_19_1_4_2_1_4 Current board...Goes great but....
                600HZ_19_3_8_2_1_4 Perfect I reckon!
                601HZ_19_1_2_2_5_16 Tried this but too much board

Comment

I want to see the Hellrazors with an extra 1/16" on the thickness Nev. Seems like they'd fit better with the thickness of the HP boards you'd be dropping from more that way. Or is the idea to ride them thinner? I like the dims of the 5'11" but I haven't ridden a board at 2.25" since I was in my very early 20s.

Obviously you've got a tiny bit of a better idea on the design of the board than me (only just haha) so there's probably a good reason for the reduced thickness but it seems a little out of sync with the other boards in the same volume/size range with other models.

Comment

My take is to ride thinner as Hellrazors are still quite wide for high performance boards. Sensitivity is what is required the more HP you go in a board. Ability makes up for less volume (or heavy cold water!!) Bring on CBD for these babies to adjust where necessary.

Comment

Yeah that's a fair point, I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh when they hit stores here.

CBD for them sounds fun. How do you think one would go in closer to step down dimensions, ie slightly wider in the nose and tail, a little shorter and maybe a touch thinner?
                      Say 5'10 x 19" x 2.31" with the nose and tail pulled out an extra .5"?

I have too much fun messing up your great designs haha.

Comment

I have been doing a few HP hellrazors, like the one for Felip which is 508 x 18 1/2 x 2 1/4
                        the 5'10 of this would extrapolate up to 18 7/8 x 2 5/16"...Too many variable mate. It would work in dimensons as you suggest

Comment

I think that would fill a nice hole in my quiver...

Comment

Cheers Nev and would you say the hz is of a similar performance level to the alt? Or more hp?

Comment

Originally posted by waldo View Post
                              Hi I recently ordered a hellfire through our importer (I live in Cape Town, South Africa) and was dead set on this board until I saw the release of the Hellrazor.

I know both boards are quite versatile in different conditions but does the hellrazor handle the bigger surf better?
                              I also know the hellrazor is more refined towards a shortboard etc but whats the main difference between these two boards regarding wave type, size and performance (not referring to paddling into waves, more thinking of drive/release/looseness/hold/ tight surfing etc)...

Please help me choose!!

Wal
                              5'10 Hellfire along side 6'1" Hellrazor

Attachment Attachment
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Goanna
                                With the length difference those two boards look so alike!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X