Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellrazor volume

I think the size on this one is going to be really confusing to decide
    I ride a 5'10 Hellfire which is probably on the lower range of my volume preference
    Would I need to go to the 6'1 which is less volume or blow out to the 6'3
    Would there be room for both Hell's in the quiver

from nev he says to go 3 inches up.. yeah its a tough call

Comment

I just cant picture myself riding a 6'3 and the 6'1 could be a little less volume than I want
      Might have to leave this one alone I think
      Or look for a demo when the opportunity presents itself

Comment

Originally posted by kdropin View Post
        from nev he says to go 3 inches up.. yeah its a tough call
        That recommendation works perfectly for me, the 6'5" Hellrazor is 33.5l and my 6'2" Hellfire is 33.7l. The Hellfire has plenty of volume for me so 0.2l is nothing, the question for me is what does the Hellrazor get me that I don't have on the Hellfire?
        Last edited by Slowman; 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

That's a good question Slow man
          By the way, how much do you weigh?

Comment

I'm about 91kg ATM but when I got it I was about 92-93. I was up to 100kg after hip surgery put me out of action for a while but the weight is slowly coming off now. 86 is my goal for my Indo trip in May. I'm 6' tall.

Comment

the issue here could be (at least for me) are you riding your hellfire at full HP volume/size or higher...that may skew it a bit..for example i ride the 510 hf (which is technically too small at up to 93ish kgs and i have to throw my A-game, but man its worth it..!!) and nev called the 6'3 razor for me...for me personally, getting down towards 2 1/4 thickness is too low...and someone with my specs would normally be on a 6'0 hf which would take you to the 6'3 razor...

i dont know if that came out of my head clearly or not...i know what i mean though..!!

Comment

oh there we go...slow just posted while i was typing...he has a comparatively larger HF which meshes straight into the appropriate razor...if riding the HF small then you have to think about how you step up

Comment

hey all if it helps, you should ride a volume range to some degree. In a ideal world where every firewire was customized to YOU, you might be able to only go with one volume, but since there will be slight variations, we have to make "decisions." In that case, I think you have to look at how you want to approach the waves. In the case of the Hellrazor when compared to the Hellfire, I would personally be getting less volume in my Razor. That is just my preference though because I am grabbing the razor in slightly better waves, and hence, need less volume....

Comment

Agree with everything Slowman said. My HF is 6'4" but I've ridden it successfully at 98kgs, which is (thankfully) a couple more chins than I currently own so could easily migrate down to the 6'2". Having said that, the HF still works perfectly so there's no need. The range on these boards is insane. My HR is 6'5" and is totally the right one for me to be on.

Comment

Working...
                    X