• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoPro Video on the Hellrazor

some nice clean overhead waves
    I'm a big fan of this board
    its a 5'11" fst with the bamboo PC5's
    I weigh around 85kgs
    First video in a while Fun waves in ever changing sky/weather/light conditions I sprain my MCL on the 1:09 mark....getting old I suppose surfing the Firewire‚€¶

Great video as always Deon. Looks like the HZ is working well! How's the Vanguard going? That final wave was a racey one!

Comment

nice vid!

Comment

give a review on those bamboo pc5's... eyeing up the reg pc5's for my unibrow

Comment

Yeeeew, jeez just came back from giving a small class today!! Now I want to go back in the water!!. Tomorrow 6am I'm up and leaving...phone in the water proof case cause my son could be arriving tomorrow!!, have to be prepared jejeje

Comment

Thanks
            Hey Phil - lovin the vanguard - I'll shoot a vid of it some time, I'm out the water with an mcl injury so frothing to surf it again
            kdropin - the pc5's are still in my mind one of the better fins around and is a great goto fin - kind of neutral and hold very well through turns with the double foil
            the bamboo versions are in my mind just a bit more lively

Comment

That video was just shared internally Deon! Keep ripping and keep them coming. great to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Deon JBay View Post
                Thanks
                Hey Phil - lovin the vanguard - I'll shoot a vid of it some time, I'm out the water with an mcl injury so frothing to surf it again
                kdropin - the pc5's are still in my mind one of the better fins around and is a great goto fin - kind of neutral and hold very well through turns with the double foil
                the bamboo versions are in my mind just a bit more lively
                cool deon.. have the reg pc5 on the way.. and maybe the bamboos eventually if i click with them on my unibrow

Comment

Sick video! Wish LA surf ever got 1/10th as good as that.

I'm loving my hellrazor as well and I've also been eyeing a pair of the fcs bamboo fins. Trying to decide between those or the UL-7's with the inside foil. I'm kind of surprised you're using the PC-5 size at 85 kg. I weigh 88 kg and my GMB fins feel a little too loose in my 6'1" hellrazor, so I'm thinking I need to put in a slightly bigger fin, at least on the sides. Anybody have any opinion on flat foiled vs inside foiled fins for this board?

Comment

I find the AM2's a very good fin for extra hold

Comment

I really like my EA Blackstix with the V2 Foil in my 6'5. I tried the AM2's but they had a little too much hold for me for the waves here, although ill hold onto them for the big days at Mahia. For anything shoulder high to 1.5 x overhead the Blackstix just rock. They are loose and tight turning, but seem to keep their drive through turns and really easy to generate speed too. Although if I was surfing those sick walls at J Bay I reckon the AM2's would be perfect!

Comment

Working...
                      X