X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HellRazor vs Sub Scorcher

Hey Chris, how does the 511 HR compare to the 508 SR in average waves. Say chest to head high, stuff with some push but not too punchy?
    My current quiver plan is:

5'2" Sweet P for waist to chest clean stuff or bigger mush
    508 Spitfire for weaker chest to head high stuff or when it's a bit sloppy
    508 Sub Scorcher for fun surf in the chest to head range with good shape or some push
    600 Taj CBD for shoulder high plus punchy, hollow stuff.

I can see the 511 HR sitting in place of the SR quite well, but I do love that board so I'd probably keep hold of it until it needs replacing but by then there's always some other sick model out that catches my eye and the decisions become even harder...

How do you think the bottom end of the SR and HR compare. I imagine the HR has a better top end.

I actually like the hellrazor more because it has so much more curve/rocker. It is also has a great wide point to get you across the flats. With the increased area (when compared to a standard HP shorty) and progressive rocker (when compared to the sub), the board carves more easily and is much easier to wrap. The sub scorcher likely has a better low end because it is so flat, but I am happy to get on my Fuego or Dom at that point.

The Hellrazor has been my daily driver over the last 3 weeks.

Comment

I think I'd like the HR too. How do you find the thickness though? That's the only thing putting me off, an extra 1/16" would make the world of difference.

Comment

thickness is good, but like i said i think in another post, it would feel a little small if i were in a 5/4 boots and gloves. we just put a 601 in the demo fleet so I am going try that when we get swell next.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I wouldn't mind a little extra thickness. Plus a 601 would be longer and much wider than my shortboard. Maybe by the time I get around to getting one it'll have made it's way to the CBD!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
            thickness is good, but like i said i think in another post, it would feel a little small if i were in a 5/4 boots and gloves. we just put a 601 in the demo fleet so I am going try that when we get swell next.
            good good.. i asked my local about the fst hr and they said it would be a wait so keep the feedback coming

Comment

Working...
            X