Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellrazor for head high + point / reef breaks?

I'm looking to add a board to round off my quiver and fill the spot for waves head high and above (no bigger than double over head). I currently ride a Coil Megamind at 33L for 2-3+ days or if its high tide mush, for 3-4+ days I have a 5'11 Chubby Chedda at 30.9L. The Chubby's volume feels spot on for my weight and ability (intermediate). My question is what size Hellrazor should I go with for head high + days? I'm debating between the 6'1" (29.1L) and the 6'3" (30.9L). I'm 5'11 at 175lbs, surf in Santa Cruz mostly so 4/3 wetsuit year round.

6'1 in my opinion. As they have a flattish deck with a fuller rail and quite a bit of width so I'd ride one a touch thinner than my usual boards

Comment

• Jasone510
      Jasone510 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you say thinner are you talking about width, thickness, or overall volume? The 6'3 Hellrazor is 1/8" thinner in thickness, but 1/8" wider and keeps the same volume as my Chubby.

Thickness. I normally ride 2"3/8 but would be comfortable on the HZ at 2"1/4

Comment

• Jasone510
      Jasone510 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Phill. Your feedback supports my gut feeling to go with the 6'3". My daily driver is 2-1/2" thick, the 6'3" HZ is 2-3/8". I'll get added paddle power from the extrra length and slight increase in width, but have the same float with a thinner rail. Sounds like a win win, especially since this will be for the OH+ days.
Working...
X