X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hellrazor (Hellrazor 2) ???

A fair while back Nev said (in the Hellfire or Hellrazor thread, page 8) http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...e-or-hellrazor Guys...I am certainly planning on updating the Hellrazor in the near future. The feedback i have had from Filipe and a bunch of pros who are riding the Hellrazor confirms my position which is that I did in fact go too wide/too thin on this model. I also want to take it back to a diamond or a squash from the cut off square. I know exactly what to do, just gotta get the green light as we have soooo many models in then pipeline. Stay tuned...

So any news?

I hope so! Im interested in a hellrazor as my high performance step upish but the aggressive squared off tail kind of puts me off... check this out!!!!

http://www.firewiresurfboards.com/f/...fetch?id=35947

Comment

• H.S.O.
      H.S.O. commented
      Editing a comment
      This outline would be great

• indodreaming
      indodreaming commented
      Editing a comment
      round tail but does look nice.

• Fazza
      Fazza commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking at the Firewire 2014 catalogue i think that is a picture of the Hashtag.

I guess this is one negative of the precision machine shaped approach. Yes there is a very high consistency and magic boards can't be reproduced, but there isn't that constant tweaking and evolution of the shapes once they've been locked into the system and production has started. Pros and cons I guess. Would be cool to see some updates on older boards for sure!

Comment

• Phill
      Phill commented
      Editing a comment
      Meant to say magic boards can be reproduced.

• Nelson GoldCoast
      Nelson GoldCoast commented
      Editing a comment
      phill you may well be right... i suppose even on an individual level when youre not snapping a light glassed pu every few weeks your sampling rate for different boards is way slower! like if i were to snap my CC it would be a tough decision to get an exact clone or try something new... thankgod for demos i guess!!!

i hope this doesn't go round tail... diamond or squash would be nice. gotta see the volume/lengths on this one

Comment

i dont have much experience riding round tails and by far my favourite tail shape has been the old squash/rounded square but am i right in thinking a rounded tail should be better in the barrel and generally for fast steep hollow waves?! this board would be my step up for such occasions so im open to ideas!

Comment

Yeah would like to see diamond or squash, but round tails do go great with quads and suit good waves and there is no HP quad round tails in the firewire range so wouldn't surprise me if they went with a board like that pic posted above.

Id just really love a HP quad that had Hellfire DNA something like 6 x 19 x 2, 3/8 @ 29L (diamond tail)

Comment

Im not sold on the diamond tail... Rounded square has always been my fav... would love to take out one of those round tail razors for a whizz tho and see!

Comment

So just watched the Hellrazor vid on the board description page for the first time in a while and Nev is holding one with a diamond shape tail. Has the video always shown this or is this the brand new board mark 2? Only paying attention now as thinking about a step up from my Spitfire for bigger days and considering this board but previously been turned off by the flat tail. Anyone know of this is the new board or same vid as always?

Comment

• Phill
              Phill commented
              Editing a comment
              The preproduction prototype was a diamond tail. That's what's in the video.

So is the hashtag the hellrazor 2 essentially?! Looks if anything to have been toned down in wave range.... Its in the performance hybrid section of the website...

Comment

Can anyone from Firewire please provide any information on the updated Hellrazor…… believe that the tail is the same but the board has been narrowed and slightly thickened compared to the current Hellrazor model????

Any news, info or dimension please or if it is available on special order yet…..….thanks

Comment

Instagram from today on main site is showing Sally's board at the Roxy Pro - don't think this is a HF, reckon this might be diamond tail HZ mark 2????

http://snapwidget.com/v/669663071746720442#.UxfVEhhWG70

Comment

Originally posted by Montygoesbananas View Post
                Instagram from today on main site is showing Sally's board at the Roxy Pro - don't think this is a HF, reckon this might be diamond tail HZ mark 2????

http://snapwidget.com/v/669663071746720442#.UxfVEhhWG70
                nah thats a diamond hashtag

Comment

• Phill
                  Phill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I get the feeling that WOULD be a HZII. Who knows, but sounds like it'd fit the description.

• Nelson GoldCoast
                  Nelson GoldCoast commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hard to tell it looks to me like a hellfire or hellrazor with diamond tail... Saw her ripping down at greenmount on it when the men were competing whatever it was!

or i could be wrong! the webcast said hashtag.. but the hellrazor II just dropped on the webpage.. another board to contemplate... oy

Comment

• Phill
                  Phill commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like the logo!

Yea ha here comes my winter step up. Totally confused on the tail though. The image shows the old square tail, description says diamond, but dims chart says bump, which one is it going to be? Sally rides diamond, but guessing she can have whatever tail she wants.

Comment

Oops website dims says squash, not bump

Comment

Working...
                  X