Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellrazor in fcs

Does anyone know if this board will be available in fcs
    I know the MB is futures only and wanted to know if its the same with the Razor
    Cheers

It will be. It's possible the first ones hitting the market are futures.

Comment

Wandi,

I actually saw HR with FCS in a local surf shop in 5'11, 6'1, 6'3 and 6'5.......they had no Futures only FCS available.

Comment

Hey did the 5'11 feel in the hands Fazza
        Did it feel significantly lighter than the 6'1
        Cheers

Comment

Wandi,

The 6'1 and 6'3 HR didn't feel that much of a difference to each other but the 6'5 did feel like a big board. The 5'11 however did feel a little small/lighter to me compared to the 6'1, not drastically smaller but certainly felt the slight difference.

The HR is a very refined board with low rail volume and i think you would notice the difference between the 5'10 Hellfire and the 5'11 HR, i have picked up both and was going to buy a 5'10 Hellfire but decided on the 6'1 HR once i saw that it was coming out soon. The volume on the HR is very well hidden and really does not show its hybrid DNA. The paddle feel is similar to the Hellfire but you will notice the difference in the board when you take the drop and go.......the 6'1 HR will paddle slightly better than your 6'2 Taj Pro and from what i have found so far is definitely a faster board board and so far have had a few surfs in slightly chopped waves and found it was more fun that the Taj.

I am hoping that next time the surf is nice and clean that i can surf both boards in the same session and see how they compare.

Comment

Cheers for your advice Fazza
            Much appreciated
            I guess to have a feel of both boards in the shop would be the deciding factor
            I remember tossing up between a 5'10 And 6'0 Hellfire and when I had a chance to inspect both I knew the 5'10 would be perfect
            Which it was
            Never underestimate how it feels under the arm

Comment

there is a mixture of fin technology hitting retail.

CHeers

Comment

I picked mine up yesterday and it's FCS. And it's brilliant.

Comment

How does it ride captain

Comment

Awesome. Bear in mind this is based on a sample of one session, (three foot, reasonably punchy and offshore pretty good waves) and it really wants to go. Really fast, snappier and more agile than the HellFire but still feels like you've got a solid board under you. There is a lot of talk about mega cross-over between these boards and they are very similar but that gives you a seamless transition from one to the other. Like it says on the tin it really does feel like a more refined, higher performance version of the HF.

Comment

good stuff captain H! glad it worked for you!!!

Cheers!

Comment

Cheers. Will let you know how it goes in Indo.

Comment

Captain H................the Hellrazor is a great board............i cannot stop surfing mine.....each time i have surfed it i have been suprised by it.

Comment

Sweet. I imagine you'd get some fairly primo waves around your neck of the woods, too. What's the biggest you've had it out in and did it handle it ok?

Comment

Yep the waves have been sweet the last month or so............i have surfed it in shoulder high to head and half punchy reef breaks over the last few weeks. On the weekend it was just over head high on the sets with a nice sucky take off over a shallow reef.....man that board is sweet.

I really think this board really comes alive on fast, sucky, punchy waves

Comment

Working...
                              X